Chapter 13 - The Truth

Everything is dark. I can't see anything, I don't feel anything either. For once I don't feel fear or sadness or guilt, I just feel nothing. It feels nice...

Peter was finally stable. Banner had to pump Peter's stomach to make sure all the medication was out of his system. Now Peter needs to be watched to make sure it's out of his system. "Why would Peter do this? I thought everything was going well." Tony looks over at Peter. Tony had stayed close to Peter as Banner worked on him. Once Banner had finished he left to rest up. Bucky was 'assigned' to watch over Tony while Banner slept.  
"I don't know... I didn't think he would ever do something like this..." Bucky looks at Peter.

As time passes Tony had fallen asleep on the only chair in the room. Bruce had come back to check on Peter's vitals which again were stable. "Friday do a body scan on Peter to make sure the medication is out of his system." Friday scans Peter's body then replies back to Bruce. "The medication has left Peter's body but there seems to be an implant in him." Banner looks at Peter confused. He walks over closer to him. "Where is it?" Friday does another scan to find the implant. "The device is in the back of his neck." Bruce turns Peter over onto his side and feels the back of his neck for the device. He felt a lump right where Peter's neck and skull meet. The device was right under the skin but deep enough to affect all of the nerves in the general area. Those assholes, HYDRA. Bruce grabbed a syringe with morphine in it and gave it to Peter before grabbing a scalpel. He pressed the scalpel over the lump on the back of Peter's neck and cut a small line. He pushed the device out of Peter's neck and placed it on the table. He stitched up the small cut then let Peter rest more. Banner walked over to Tony and nudged him. "Tony wake up. I found something." Tony sits up, obviously sore from sleeping in a chair, and looks at Banner. "What is it?" Banner holds out the device to Tony. "This thing was in Peter's neck... you think it's some sort of tracking device?" Tony looks at it closely. "I can't really tell. It's too small, I'll take it to the lab and look at it closer..." Tony looks at Banner. "How long has this been in his neck?" Banner looks back over at Peter. "Who knows but I have a bad feeling about that device." Tony gets up from his seat. "I'll check out the device you get Peter to wake up." Banner nods his head and Tony leaves the room heading to his lab.

Tony gets to his lab and puts the device under a microscope. He looks closely at all the components and even grabs a pair of tweezers to start pulling it apart. As he is pulling it apart and inspecting it the device sends out a shock that travels through the tweezers into Tony's arm. "Shit!" Tony jumps back startled and his arm in a bit of pain. He holds his arm and stares at the device. Did I hit something... does it always do that? That kind of shock let alone hurts outside of the body... inside the body has to be hell. Tony carefully inspects it more. He inspects it and carefully pulls it apart for hours.

It's getting dark out and Bucky comes running into the room. "Tony! Peter's awake!" Just as quickly as he ran into the room Bucky left. Tony heard the news and quickly got up and ran down to the infirmary.

Tony runs into the room and sees Peter sitting up and looking down into his lap. Peter looks up and sees Tony, tears very relevant in his eyes. Before Tony could even speak Peter cried out. "I'm so sorry Mr. Stark... I.... I had too." He starts to hyperventilate and panic. "Kid, kid calm down I'm not mad." He rushes over to him trying to calm him down. He starts to calm him down pretty quickly. Peter glances over at Bucky and looks at him shamefully. "You must think I'm useless and weak and..." Bucky stops him in his tracks. "That's enough. I don't think any of those things about you and I never will. You're like a little brother to me." He hugs Peter. "When you start to feel better we are going to work on saying positive things about ourselves, ok?" Peter nods his head and hugs Bucky back.

Tony gets Peter's attention and looks at him seriously. "From this point on no more secrets. If you're upset you need to let us. If Hydra is messing with you we NEED to know." Peter looks at him worried and nods his head. "So now that we are at an agreement here... do you know about the implant you had in your neck?" Peter looks down at his lap and nods his head slowly. Tony sighs. "How long have you had it?" Peter starts to mess with his hands. "Almost a week...." He says very quietly. "Is that why you were getting distant?" Peter nods his head. "And the screaming... it hurts really bad." Peter tears up but doesn't let the tears fall. "Why and how did Hydra give it to you?" Peter looks up at Tony and hesitates for a second. No secrets. "They cornered me on a rooftop and pinned me down. They told me my mission was to kill you and that the implant was to make sure I don't disobey. They told me I had a week and that the closer it got to the end of the week the more painful the shocks would be... I didn't want to hurt you, Mr. Stark. All you have been to me is nice, I didn't want to hurt you but I knew if I didn't things would only get worse so I thought the only other option was to kill myself..." Tony and Bucky look at Peter shocked and they both go in and hug Peter tightly. "Killing yourself is never an option... please talk to us, we are here for you."  Peter nods his head and mumbles. "Ok, I will."

After a couple of hours, Banner gave Peter the ok to leave the infirmary. Peter went to the living room where Nat and Clint were watching TV. They look over and see Peter. "Hey kid, how you feeling?" Clint sits up from the couch so Peter has a spot to sit. Peter sits down and curls up comfortably. "I'm ok. Mr. Stark said he's going to call everyone to a meeting real soon." Just as Peter finished talking Friday told everyone to meet Tony in the conference room, everyone except Peter of course.

As everyone gathered in the conference room Peter sat by the giant windows in the living room and looked out at the city. It's only a matter of time, H.Y.D.R.A always gets what they want... always.

••••••••••••••
Hey! I know it's been forever since the last update and once again I'm sorry for that. I got a new job and I work 9-5 every day except 2 days out of the week so I'm very tired. I want to finished this because I hate when a book is not finished but I may need you guys help with ideas. If you have any ideas to continue this please let me know, the help is truly appreciated. 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤