Chapter 6 - Sorry

Bucky walks down to the glass cage after a couple of minutes. Peter is sitting in the center of the room all balled up. Bucky walks into the room, it startles Peter making him look back at Bucky. He gets up quickly and backs up. "I'm sorry, I didn't know he was a friend... I'm sorry... I'm sorry." His voice shakes from worry. He keeps backing away from Bucky. Bucky stops walking towards him and puts his hands up, "Peter it's ok, I'm not going to hurt you." Peter keeps backing up until he hits the glass wall. "I don't believe you, your lying. you want me to come closer so you can hurt me. I didn't know, I'm sorry." Bucky looks at him with a sad expression, What have they done to this poor kid. He sits down on the floor far from Peter, "I'm not here to hurt you and you don't have to move any closer. I promise." Peter crawls up the wall about halfway and just sits there. He watches Bucky closely waiting for him to do something... but Bucky just sat there. "I...If you're not here to hurt me... why are you here?" Bucky looks up at Peter. "I'm here to see if you're ok. You didn't know who Thor was so I don't blame you for attacking." Peter starts to slowly crawl down from the wall. He sits up against the wall, still far from Bucky. "Is... Thor ok?" Bucky chuckles a bit,  "Yeah you didn't even leave a mark. Thor is a god, you'd have to try harder than that to hurt him." Peter thinks for a moment... "A god? I was never told there was a god on the team..." Bucky tilts his head a bit confused. "What did they tell you about us?" Peter looks up at Bucky then down at his lap. "Well..."

Flashback

The Huntsman is held down in a metal chair being forced to watch a screen in front of him. The screen keeps flashing pictures of the Avengers along with the Russian word for kill in between each picture. Iron man, Captain America, The Hulk, and Hawkeye are the ones flashing across the screen. The scientists watching the Huntsman change the screen over to a picture of Bucky. It stays on Bucky but the word Traitor and Eliminate keeps flashing red across the picture.

The restraints on the chair let go of him, he looks around confused at what he's supposed to do. A high pitch siren goes off making the Huntsman scream. He tries to look around to see where the sound is coming from but his vision goes blurred. He crawls up into a ball on the ground and keeps screaming, soon enough he blacks out. The scientist walked over to him and looked down at him. "Он провалился, забрать его обратно." (He failed, take him back.)

End

Peter shakes his head and looks at Bucky,  "They really want you dead." Bucky goes quiet for a bit not sure how to take that information in... "Peter, how do you feel?" Peter looks at him confused. "What do you mean by that?" Bucky chuckles, "I mean are you ok now? Do you want to go back upstairs?" Peter looks at Bucky a little shocked, he's going to let me go back upstairs... the others probably hate me now. "Can I just go to the room with the bed?" Bucky stands up and nods. "Yeah sure bud, come on." Peter stands up and slowly walks over to Bucky. Bucky walks Peter back to their room, as soon as they enter the room Peter looks a bit more relaxed. He climbed up the wall and into his hammock. Bucky gets ready to leave the room. "Bucky..." Bucky turns around and looks up at Peter's hammock. "Yeah, bud." Peter looks over the hammock and looks at Bucky. "Do the others hate me now?" Bucky smiles at Peter. "Don't worry kid, no one here hates you. Not even Thor." Bucky leaves the room to let Peter relax. 

He walks back into the living room, almost everything is back to normal and repaired. Steve walks over to Bucky, "How is Peter?" Bucky looks sadly at Steve. "He's better now... He thought I was going to hurt him because he attacked Thor." Steve's expression changes to a sad one. "You told him you weren't going to hurt him right..." Bucky nods his head. "Of course I did. He's still scared. He also thinks everyone here hates him. I told him you don't but I don't know if he believed me." Steve sighs. "We should all do something for him, he missed out on a lot as a kid so maybe we could teach or show him something he missed." Natasha walks over to them obviously listening from afar. "It's best to keep him away from the public until he learns what is dangerous and not dangerous. We don't need him attacking an innocent bystander just because they accidentally scared him." Steve looks at Natasha and nods. "She is right, we need to do something here... but what?" Clint walks over and jumps onto the couch, "Why not just play some games with the kid? Games and food he's never tried." They look over at Clint then look at each other. "Not a bad idea..." Natasha looks at Clint and chuckles, "For once not a stupid idea." Clint looks at her and sticks his tongue out at her. Bucky rolls his eyes at them. "Ok, we will do it tomorrow. Peter is sleeping right now." They all nod and sit down to watch tv. 

................................

Sorry, this one isn't that long I couldn't think of anything, so if you have any idea's I would love to hear them. 🖤