Chapter 4 - Stand Off

Bucky went back down to where Peter is and walked closer to the glass room. Steve walks up behind him and puts his hand on his shoulder. "I'm not sure this is a good idea Bucky."
Bucky looks at Steve, "I know he's not dangerous." Steve nods and watches as Bucky steps closer to the cage.

Peter sits up from his bed and looks over at Bucky. What is he doing? Does he have more questions?

A glass door appears for Bucky to open and walkthrough. He walks into the cage with Peter. "What are you doing?" Peter asks him. What is his plan? Does he plan to try and hurt me? I won't let him if that's his plan.

Bucky walks closer to Peter but Peter begins to back up. "Bucky stop, he's unsure about you," Steve says from outside the cage. Bucky turns his back to Peter, "I told you he..." Now that Bucky's back is turned to Peter, Peter jumps at him and kicks him in the back. Bucky stumbles forward and Steve gets ready to enter to fight. Bucky holds up his hand at Steve, "Wait." Bucky turns to Peter, "Peter I'm not here to hurt you, there is no need to attack." Peter tilts his head a bit, "Why should I trust you?"

"You'll just have to take my word for it, I don't want to hurt you." Bucky looks at Peter. It's hard for Peter to fully trust but he feels like he knows Bucky for some reason. He nods then steps back. Bucky turns to Steve, "come in, it's fine." Steve is hesitant at first but then walks into the cage. Peter glanced over but decides to ignore him and sit on his bed.

"See, if he was so dangerous he would try to kill us right now." Steve looks over at Peter. "He reminds me of you.." Bucky looks at Steve. "And just like me, he needs help dealing with change and being away from Hydra... not being locked in a cage." Steve sighs and nods his head. He heads towards the door. "I'll go talk to Tony, but you know how stubborn he can be." Bucky gives a small smile and nods. He heads out of the room too.

They leave Peter alone for a couple of hours. Peter has made a web hammock on the ceiling of the dome and messed around for a while cause he's bored. His stomach starts to growl but he ignores it and continues to run around. He stops running around once he hears the elevator doors opening. He stands still and looks over at the elevator. It's Bucky again. Peter calms down and sits on the floor. "Are you here for more questions?"

Bucky shakes his head and opens the door to the dome. "No, I'm here to get you." Peter tilts his head and stands back up. "Get me?" Bucky nods and waves for Peter to step closer. "Come on, I'm taking you upstairs to meet everyone else. You think you can do that?" Peter thinks for a minute. He steps back a bit and says, "Why? Do they plan to do something with me?" Bucky steps closer to Peter. "No they just want to meet you, that's all. I promise I won't let them hurt you if that's what you're afraid of." Bucky extends out his hand for Peter to take it.

I just met this man, why do I feel I should trust him. He's with the enemy.... maybe I can get some information on them as I wait for HYDRA to come get me.

Peter walks up to Bucky but doesn't take his hand, "Ok." Bucky smiles and they walk to the Elevator.

They get to the living room and everyone in it turns around and looks at the elevator. All eyes are on Peter, making him feel extremely uncomfortable and on high alert. Bucky puts his hand on Peter's shoulder to reassure him. "Your ok." They step out of the elevator and walk into the living room. Everyone is quiet, no one seems to know what to say. Natasha looks at him, "Hi Peter, my name is Natasha but you can call me Nat." Peter looks at her and scans to see if she is any threat. She's sitting comfortably in the chair and obviously not afraid of Peter, No Threat. He nods at her then looks at Bucky who reassures him again.

"Hey kid why don't you take your mask off so we can see you," Clint asks. Peter looks over at him. "You're the birdman right?" Clint nods and smiles. "Yeah, the original birdman." He looks over at Rhodey who just looks back at him and rolls his eyes.
"So about that mask...." Clint asks again.

Peter takes his mask off and holds it tightly. "He's a lot younger than I thought," Rhodey says. Tony stands up which makes Peter back up a bit. "It's late, we should all get to bed. Barnes, the kid's staying with you, since he seems to like you so much." Bucky nods. They all head to their rooms and Bucky shows Peter to his room.

"I'll sleep on the couch you can sleep on the bed." Bucky turns away to grab a blanket but when he turns back Peter had already made a hammock in the corner of the room. "Well, that works too." Bucky gets into bed. "Good night Peter."
.
.
.
.
••••••••••••••••••••
.
Sorry, it took so long to publish this one, I have no excuse for it. Also, Tom Holland was in my town! He's shooting a movie!🖤🖤