⏩Sal Fisher : Commitment ⏪

Author's note : Might I add that the canon plot doesn't apply here because it's a love story for you and Sal, and a happy ending has to be! So no cult, no dead Larry, no jailed Sal, and no deaths in total! Yes, it seems boring, but like I said, a happy ending has to be.

"Nice ring- wait."

Larry stares at Sal. Sal only grins from under his mask, letting the shiny metal ring reflect light and shine it against Larry's eyes. Larry winces, looking away to avoid having to look at bright light.

"Cut it out dude," Larry groans as he repeatedly blinks to relieve his eyes. He turns to his step-brother, as his mother had married his dad two years ago. "How many years have you been together?"

"Err, ten years." Sal replies with a satisfied hum. "I think I'm ready to settle with her, dude."

"You are, Sal, you really are." Larry says in a dramatic tone, putting a hand on Sal's shoulder. "It's been a decade, wow, you two are in love."

"Damn right we are." Sal proudly lifts up the ring. 

"I'm home!" 

Sal quickly pockets the ring as you enter the living room, still clad in your winter coat since it's, well, winter. You moved back to Nockfell and is a teacher at your old high school. You've been living with Neil and Todd, Sal, and Larry since graduating college. They were there at your graduation along with your parents and Ash, congratulating you of finally being able to get a job from a degree. 

"Hey Sal, hey Larry!" You greet happily, hugging them both- though you lingered a little longer on Sal. "Guys still want to come with? My parents invited me out to dinner with them at my old house-"

"As long as it means free food and not having to wash the dishes, count me in!" Larry exclaims, immediately going to his room to put on some pants and get a jacket.

"I'll dress up too." Sal tell you, kissing your cheek and heading over to your shared bedroom. 

Soon you get to your house, greeting your parents with hugs and kisses. They warmly welcome Larry and Sal, who are always welcome at the L/N house since they're such "sweethearts" as your mother had put it. 

You and your mother go ahead to continue preparing dinner, as your father, Sal and Larry all have a chat in the living room. 

"So how's like for the two of you? Selling any albums yet?" Your father asks. Sal and Larry glance at each other sheepishly, remembering that they have mentioned the possibility that they might form a band. They really haven't, but are planning to start once they find a decent drummer.

"Sad to say we haven't started on our band, sir." Larry chuckles, leaning back against the couch. "Haven't found a drummer yet."

"A real bummer, isn't it?" Your dad joke. They all share a laugh. He looks at Sal, who had been oddly quiet the whole time. "Son, you okay? You seem a little down."

"Actually, sir-"

"Please, Sal, I think we already established that you only call me dad." Your dad jokes once more. Sal takes the opportunity.

"I'm planning on it sir, if you approve of this." Sal shows him the ring, seeing your dad's eyes widen. It takes him a moment to process that his baby girl is all grown up and he's witnessing her getting engaged and soon being married. He stands up, taking Sal's hands and shaking them.

"Go ahead son, I'm not stopping you. Anything to see my baby girl happy." Your father sniffs. Sal stands up, and they share a hug. 

"Woah, Sal, going for my dad?" You joke as you enter the living room. "Come on, food's done. We got pasta and garlic bread."

"Yessss." Larry says with a satisfied hum, being the first to enter the dining room. The three of you follow, and start to eat. You all have the usual "how's life?" conversations, with Larry being the joker he is. 

"Sir, can you pass me the garlic bread-"

"Sal, I think I've told you enough. Call me dad." Your father grins at Sal, though the long you stare at your dad, the more suspicious you get. Sal seems to understand, and slowly nods.

"Right, I'm planning to sir, once Y/N agrees to this," He turns to you, showing you the ring he got. You pause, and your mother let out a shout of joy as she hugs your dad. You don't move, eyes wide in shock. Sal awkwardly stands from his chair, kneeling in front of you, "Y/N, will you marry me?"

You sniff as tears start to gather in your eyes, you pull him up and hug him in a silent yes. Your mother cheers, hugging your father.

"She said yes!" Larry shouts in the background, raising his glass of water as if it were beer. "Onto the wedding preparations!"

You pull away from the hug, kissing Sal happily and holding his hands. "You didn't have to ask, idiot, we could've gone straight to the wedding." You laugh, hugging him once more. "Love you, Sal!"

"Love you too, Y/N."

{ Author's note }

One last chapter for Sal, and I'm moving on to Larry's 10 stages of love.