Chapter 1

You raise your gun to the target and aim. You had become a hunter since meeting Bobby, he had taught you everything. You pull the trigger and check your results. Bulls-eye. You start packing up and head inside. You love the thrill of being a hunter, you love the spice that it brought to your mundane everyday life, and you love the people you had gotten to meet along the way. You set your things down in your room and go to carve some devil traps in your bullets. You hum a quiet song while you work, one that your mom had sung to you when you were younger. The thought of your mom makes your heart pang, but you simply swallow it down. You finish your task of carving your bullets, then head out to the nearest bar before Bobby realizes you're gone.

"Hey!!" you say to the bartender, Kelly Anderson, who has gotten accustomed to seeing you every day.

"Hey Y/n! What can I get you?" She says with a grin. You sit down on a barstool and wink at her.

"You know what I want, Kelly." You say and you both laugh. She gives you your beer and you sit perched on the barstool, sipping thoughtfully, staring into space. A lot had happened since you saw your parents dead. It had been hard to get over, but eventually, the emotion faded. You still had that little piece of your heart that would never heal, but you tried not to let that get to you and instead focused on the happy memories. You stand up and head to the ladies room, setting your drink down on the counter. As you walk over, you subconsciously look at your hand, a new scar there from 'work casualties.' You trace your finger over it, feeling the swell under your fingertip. Not paying attention to what was in front of you, you run into a tall woman with long brown hair and hazel eyes.

"Sorry" you mumble, trying to squeeze your way past her. She suddenly grabs your wrist and you look up again in shock, only to find her once brown eyes now black. Demon. You try twisting your wrist away, but her hold is too tight. You look up too late before everything goes black. When you blink open your eyes, you see you are in a small, musty place. The cabin reeks of burnt firewood and alcohol, and there's a layer of smoke that hovers around the room. You look down and see you are tied to a rickety old wooden chair.

"Great," you mumble, pulling out the switchblade you always kept handy under your sleeve. You begin to saw at the rope, cutting through the threads. Soon, the demon walks in, and you immediately sit up, unwilling to show any signs of weakness.

"Hey hon, have a great sleep?" she says, smiling broadly. You feel the rope start to sag as you saw through it, deciding that distracting her is the best option as it gives you the time you need to cut yourself free. The rope is almost cut, but suddenly the blade is thrown from your hands to the floor. You look up in shock as she laughs to herself.

"Did you think I didn't notice your sad little attempt to escape?" she says, laughing. You just sag, defeated. You have to find another way to escape. You try to stall as you think up a plan."Just let me go! I didn't do anything to you!" you exclaim, trying to sound innocent even though she had just caught you trying to escape with a switchblade.

"You didn't do ANYTHING?" she yells in anger, before composing herself with a smirk. "Think again." she says into your ear. You know she feels familiar, but... how? It hits you.

"Meg?" The demon only grins. 

"Close. Her baby sister." You gulp in fear but try not to show it. You try to think up something to say, something to distract her, when the ancient wood door to the cabin comes flying inwards. You both look up to see 2 men standing in the doorway, light from the outside world flooding in and forming a halo around them. 

"Let her go!"