Chapter 10

Y/n's P.O.V

You are once again in darkness. You wander around, before realizing you can't get anywhere without light. So you just sit down, waiting for Cas to come and save you. He never comes. But then, you hear a voice. It's Dean's whiskey-smooth voice, you could recognize it immediately.

"Hey princess," Dean says, and you look to where you think the voice is coming from. You try to speak, but it is like your mouth is glued shut. So you just keep listening.

"I don't know if you can hear me, but I just want to say... thank you. Thank you for being here to cheer me up when I'm down, you always find a way to make me smile. And I've always admired you for that. You know me so well... and anyway, thanks for having my back." he says, and you tear up. Of course, Dean. Anything for you. A silent tear rolls down your cheek at the thought of never seeing him again, only being trapped here forever. You try to open your mouth again, and this time it manages to crack open. You're about to say something when he speaks again.

"And I want to say something else..." he says, so you just shut your mouth and keep listening.

"I.. I like you," he says and your jaw drops. Well, it doesn't because you can't open it, but you are shocked. He continues after a pause.

"Not in like a friend way, but I see you like more than that. I.. like like you," he speaks again, and you tear up at the thought of never being able to see him again. Oh, Dean, I wish I could I tell you I feel the same way... Suddenly you see a huge flash of light. You close your eyes against the bright light, but then it fades. You try to open your eyes but you can't. You try to move but you can't. You hear a faint sound, then something on your legs. You try to move but all you manage to do is twitch your finger. You hope it's enough for Dean to know you're awake. Nothing happens, no response. Before you can do anything else, you are surrounded in blackness again.

After what felt like an hour, another flash appears. You are once again back in the bed, you think. You try really, very hard to move, and you manage to twitch your finger.

"Y/n!" you hear Dean, and you try to smile, open your eyes, let him know you knew he was there. After a long struggle, you manage to crack open your eyes. The sunlight flooding in from the window is too much, and you end up closing your eyes again. Dean realizes and gets up. Soon enough, the light is gone. You open your eyes slowly, adjusting to the light. You realize Dean closed the blinds for you. You try to tell him you heard him, but you can't get any sound out of your dry mouth. Dean gets you a glass of water and slowly, you sip it until he pulls away too soon. He smiles at you, one of his big megawatt smiles.

"How are you feeling, princess?"

"Like I was hit by a bus, then the bus backed up and hit me again," you say truthfully. He chuckles and takes your hand in his.

"We were so worried about you. Cas said we wouldn't know when you would wake up," he says and you could detect the worry in his voice. He traces circles on the back of your hand with his thumb, and you sigh in content, realizing how much you missed his touch. A sudden thought occurs to you.

"Dean, how long was I out?" you say, and you see the corners of his mouth tip down slightly.

"About a week," he says and you widen your eyes. A week? Why was I even out for that long? You suddenly remember how the vamp had stabbed you back in the cabin. Your thoughts are interrupted by the pain in your stomach.

"Dean, I'm hungry," you say, and he chuckles. He stands up and you almost whine, missing his touch.

"I'm gonna get you a burger," he says and disappears out of the room. You take another sip of water, and when you look up, you see Cas standing beside your bed. Man, I'll never get used to that. He looks at you, almost like he's studying you for a test.

"I see you're awake, y/n," he says and you can't help but think to yourself "Well duh". He presses his fingers to your forehead and takes them away suddenly after a few seconds. He looks panicked.

"Cas, what's wrong?" you say, fear etched into your voice.

"That's why... how could I not notice it before? And how? I thought they were extinct..." he mutters, and you lean forward.

"What's why, Cas? What's going on?" you say, a bit confused and worried for yourself.

"I was thinking you healed quite fast for a human," he replies and you wait for him to go on. When he didn't, you tried to prod him to.

"And..?"

"Y/n, you're a Nephilim."