Chapter 23

Y/n's P.O.V

"I can't believe it! I can now proudly call myself Dean Winchester's girlfriend!" You say mockingly, watching Dean's expression fake disgust. You both burst out laughing, and he slings an arm around your shoulders.

"That's what you said last week." he says, and after a moment you burst out laughing again.

"So, y/n... how have things been?" he says, pulling you down onto the couch beside him. You shift closer to Dean, resting your head on his shoulder, and interlock your fingers with his.

"Oh, you know, same old same old. Just ganking a bunch of monsters, drinking beer, and, oh, being your girlfriend is also added to the list!" you say, the both of you laughing together for the third time in the past minute.

"No, I mean, with the Abaddon thing..." Dean says, his face serious again. You can tell he wants to help as much as possible, and it warms your heart at his concern. You nod in response, surprised.

"Yeah, it's pretty weird, but I haven't experienced it again." you say, trying to figure out why. "Yet." you add in. And it was true. You never know when it will happen, when Abaddon will want you as her puppet again. Oh deary, that doesn't mean I haven't been keeping tabs on you. A sudden, familiar pain jolts in your head, and it comes much faster and stronger. You instinctively wrench away from Dean, clutching your head in agony. He tries to help you, but you shake him off. Please! Stop it... stop! You plead in your head. I've said it, but I can say it again. Stay away from pretty boy. Then no-one will get hurt. This time, you don't budge. You almost know that she won't actually kill you, and she won't be able to hurt Dean without being physically here. Right? You think to yourself. And you are right. After a few moments of nearly unbearable pain, you hear the voice again. Oh, silly girl. You didn't listen. You know what happens when you don't listen? You pay. You and your pretty little doll will pay. And everything stops. You take a moment to fully catch your breath, panting and sweating like you've just run a marathon. Well, compared to almost bleeding to death, a marathon sounds pretty good right now. You look back up to Dean, unsure of what to say. He had that same look he'd have on whenever you were in danger on a hunt. Worried, panicked, scared. And that just made your heart melt. After taking a few more deep breaths, you sighed.

"I- I'm okay. It... It just happened again. She was telling me to stay away from you. I just- I don't get it." you explain, running your right hand through your hair. You bite your bottom lip, staring at Dean, waiting for an answer. He looks you in the eyes for a long minute, just staring at you, almost like he was studying you. He then looks down, and takes your hands in his. 

"Listen y/n, I know it's been a tough week for you," he starts, gazing into your eyes deeply. You shuffle into a more comfortable position on the couch, readying yourself for whatever Dean had to say. It sounds serious. "Let me make that a REALLY tough week for you. I was thinking... maybe.... wouldyouwanttogoonadatewithme?" You look at Dean, confused.

"I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that last part?" you say, raising an eyebrow. You knew what Dean was trying to say, and in fact thought his shyness was funny. You just wanted him to say it again, just to see the struggle on his face. He looks up, makes a face then clears his throat.

"Would... you... want... to... go... on... a date with me?" he says, trying to emphasize each word. You almost think about teasing him further, but just smile instead.

"Of course! Why didn't you say so before?" you ask, trying not to laugh through your smile. The look on his face causes you to burst out laughing. His face is mixed with anger, confusion and disgust. You laugh, and Dean just looks at you, clearly unhappy. You wipe the tears from your eyes as you settle down, placing your hands on his and look into his eyes.

"You know I'm just messing with you, right?" you ask when you see the sad look on his face. He just mumbles something and nods. You start to get concerned, but when he sees the look on your face, he immediately brightens up.

"Well then," he says, standing up. "How about 7 tonight?" You laugh, nodding. He smiles, then walks away. You sigh, fiddling with your hands, thinking about how past you would've been so psyched over this. You still were, just not as much. After all, what had been a dream was now a reality, and after you had gotten closer to the green eyed hunter, being with Dean was much more than you would've thought. And nothing warmed your heart more than that.