Chapter 17

Y/n's P.O.V

"Dean!" You shoot up in your seat when his apple-green eyes open to meet yours. He gives you one of his mega-watt smiles and your heart melts. "You're awake! I'm so glad you're okay!" You immediately squeeze your hands between his body and the bed and hug him. He starts patting your arm to let you know you were going too hard.

"Whoops, sorry," you mutter, blushing.

"Hey princess, it's great to see you too," he croaks sarcastically, his throat dry. You immediately bolt out of your seat to give him a glass of water on the stand beside him. He tries to sit up, but fails. He smiles when you trip over your own feet, stumbling to hand the glass to him and help him sit up. Dean takes the glass and takes a sip before setting it down. You two look at each other, and you gaze into his emerald eyes, marvelling (for the umpteenth time in your life) at how handsome he was. He looks as if he's hit with a sudden realization and grabs your hands.

"Wait, y/n, are you okay?" he says and your brows furrow in confusion.

"Okay? I'm not the one who just woke up from a car crash!" you exclaim and Dean shakes his head furiously. You feel like Cas as you tilt your head, not understanding.

"No, I mean, is your head okay? Cas said that when he found you, you were lying on the floor and your head was cracked open," he explains and you instinctively reach up to touch your head. Dean sees the gesture and shoots you a worried glance. No, no, no, no, you shouldn't be making him worried. Bad y/n!  You immediately take your hand away and smile at him reassuringly, attempting to make him feel better.

"Well, I'm here, aren't I?" you say, but he doesn't seem to buy it. "Dean, you know I'm a-" You cut yourself off before you can give anything away. He looks at you, wanting you to go on. 

"Nothing," you mutter and look down. He looks at you with his puppy dog eyes, but you know you have to keep this from him. Dean just sighs and looks down, playing with his blanket, before you finally speak, breaking the tension.

"The point is, Dean, you shouldn't worry about me. I.. I can handle myself. Be more careful next time, you're not helpful to me if you're dead," you say and suddenly realize what you just said. You look at him, hoping he doesn't notice, but he just looks down and nods as if you were his mom telling him what to do. 

"Y/n, I... I heard what you said when you thought I wasn't awake..." he begins and you look up.

"I... you..." he stutters, apparently not knowing what to say for the first time. He looks down again, and rubs his hand on the back of his neck. Oh god, is he blushing!?!? He must have noticed you saw him blushing, but he finally clears his throat. Knowing Dean, you could almost see the thought running through his head. Dean, no chick-flick moments. Not right now! You barely manage to stifle the laugh that comes with the thought, and Dean shoots you a weird glance. You smile innocently at him and you can see the corners of his mouth move slightly upward. Another thought runs through his head. Man, her smile is contagious. You are immediately shocked. Why am I able to read Dean's thoughts?? This is insane. You try to shut it off, or try to block out the sound of his thoughts coming into your head. Dean must've noticed your discomfort because he pulls you off your chair and onto the bed beside him. You look over in shock, but you immediately sigh in content when he starts rubbing circles with his thumb on your back. You smile when you realize how much you missed Dean's comforting touch. You lean into him and rest your head on his shoulder. You close your eyes, relishing the moment, but open them back again when you realize how awkwardly silent the room has become. You look up to see Dean looking down at you. Another thought runs through his head. Damn, she looked so peaceful for a second. You smile silently in your head, and you realize you are still gazing into his eyes. 

"Y/n, I... I heard what you said when you thought I wasn't awake..." he says again, and you both just stare at each other again. Then, Dean speaks again.

"Does that mean... you have feelings for me?" he says slowly, and you just continue to stare. It feels as if you are just frozen in place, the only thing in the room that matters is you and Dean, only inches apart. Slowly, you lift your head up. He looks confused as to what you are doing, but he doesn't move. You finally press your lips to his, and kiss him passionately. When you finally pull away, he looks into your eyes again, his apple-green eyes now clouded with something that looked like... lust. He pulls you in again, and this time it's slower, sweeter even. The voice in your head comes again, with the same daunting phrase. No happy endings... But you choose to ignore it. Because right now, all you can think about is Dean. Unfortunately, your moment is interrupted by the sound of a slow clap from the doorway.

"Finally."