Chapter 9

Dean's P.O.V

I watch as y/n's body crumples to the floor. I know I am shouting her name, I just can't hear it with the ringing in my ears. Sam beheads the vamp, using the distraction, and we both rush over to y/n. I quickly slip off my flannel and press it to her stomach, trying to stop the blood. Cas please help us save y/n. I pick y/n up bridal style, carrying her outside of the angel wards to find a waiting Cas. He walks up briskly and presses his hand to her head. Instantly, the wound and the blood vanishes. I look up at him in wonder.

"So Cas..? Is she gonna be okay?" I ask curiously, hoping he'd say yes. As if he read my mind, he nods.

"She'll be okay, but normally, humans like her will take a long time to recover," he says, and my shoulders immediately droop at the words. I look at Cas, opening my mouth to speak, but he cuts me off.

"Judging by the severity of the wound, she's in a coma right now, it's hard to tell exactly when she will be up again," Cas says, answering my unspoken question. I notice Sam standing behind us and I know he probably wants to head back.

"So, uh, let's get back to the bunker and, uh, we'll go from there," I say, clearing my throat. Cas nods before disappearing, leaving just me and Sam. We get into Baby, and in a blink, we're speeding down the winding road. We get back to the bunker in a matter of time, and I crash in, carrying y/n and going straight to her room, knowing Sam would close the door for me. I lay her down on her bed and Cas appears next to me. He puts a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"She'll be okay, Dean. Just let her rest. I would stay and help, but I have business to attend to," Cas says before disappearing again. I head over to the library, grabbing a chair. I flip it and drag it down the hallways, into y/n's room. I set it down in beside her bed, sitting down in it and staring at her face. She looks so peaceful. Her usually happy lips now calm. Her e/c eyes, usually smiling as they glittered in wonder, now closed. She didn't deserve this life. I feel bad for her, know what pain she had felt when she had seen her parents. She doesn't deserve this life. I grab her hand, holding it in mine. And that's how the next few days had gone by. I had taken occasional naps but shot awake when I thought I felt a flinch, or I felt y/n moving under me. It is now the 6th day, and I am sitting next to y/n, the glass of water still there, ready for when she wakes up. I feel my eyes tearing up when I count the days. Oh, y/n, wake up already, I just want to have you in my arms, seeing your e/c eyes again, feeling your soft h/c hair as we cuddle to watch a movie. Knowing she couldn't hear me, I decide to speak to her for the first time.

"Hey princess. I don't know if you can hear me, but I just want to say... thank you. Thank you for being here to cheer me up when I'm down, you always find a way to make me smile. And I've always admired you for that. You know me so well... and anyway, thanks for having my back. And I want to say something else.. I.. I like you," I say, stumbling on my words, almost rushing to blurt it all out. "Not in like a friend way, but I see you like more than that. I.. like like you." I feel a blush creep up and I rub the back of my neck. I look at the time and sigh.

"Looks like I'm up for some more night duty," I mumble and sigh, propping my elbows up and resting my chin on my hands. I just stare at y/n looking, hoping, for any sign of movement from her. The fatigue finally hits me, and soon I am sprawled across y/n's lap, asleep, oblivious to the fact that a finger twitches underneath me.