Chapter 16

Y/n's P.O.V

You wake up to the phone ringing. You quickly sit up and take in your surroundings. You're in your bed, in your bedroom. Beside you, on the nightstand, is your phone. You sigh. How did I get here? What happened? You then remember walking to the kitchen to make pie and then slipping on a puddle of water. You remember slamming your head on the counter, then blacking out. How long have I been out? You then realize your phone is still ringing and pick it up. You start to speak, but the caller cuts you off.

"Y/n, there's no time to explain, but you need to get over here right now," he starts to explain, but you cut him off.

"Hold on, Sam, let's backtrack a little here, what happened? And where are you?" you ask frantically. You knew when Sam was like this, something seriously bad happened.

"I, uh, we- Dean got a phone call from Cas saying you had tripped and banged your head. Dean was pretty freaked out, and he- he wasn't paying attention to the road, and this huge truck came at us from the front, and, and... when I came to, he was bleeding pretty bad, and-" he starts to panic over the phone, and you try to calm him down.

"Whoa, whoa Sam, calm down. Is he okay? And where are you?" you repeat your last question again, grabbing your coat and your car keys.

"The doctor said that he- they did as much as they could, and- they said it's serious, and that Dean has a ruptured spleen and a minor concussion, and that they- they don't know when, or if, Dean will wake up," he says, still sounding pretty freaked out. You sigh, knowing he still hasn't answered your last question. You push open the door and speak back into the phone.

"Sam, I'll get there as soon as I can, where are you?" you say and get in your car. He gives you an address and you start your car up. 

"Y/n, you need to get here as fast as possible, we- Dean needs you right now. Maybe you can save him, I don't know. I just know that he needs you," he says, and you could see his eyes glazed over with tears. He was worried for his brother. Of course he was. You step on the gas a bit more, so you were a bit over the speed limit.

"Okay, Sam, I'll be over as soon as I can." you respond and you say your quick goodbyes. You hang up the phone and run your hand through your hair. Oh Dean, you shouldn't have worried. I'm a frickin' nephilim after all... Ah well guess he doesn't know that, does he. After a blur of minutes, you finally pull into the parking lot. You walk inside the hospital and immediately look around the waiting room. No Sam. So, you briskly walk down the hallways and look for the room number Sam gave you. 128.... 126... 124.... there! You take a deep breath before turning the handle and stepping into room 120. When you see Dean, your heart immediately breaks. He was lying on a hospital bed, wires going in and out of his body, a breathing mask on his face. Sam had a chair pulled up next to the bed and was holding Dean's hand in his. He looks up at you and gives you a solemn nod. You let out a shaky breath and pull out a chair next to Sam. As you sit down, Sam looks at you and you could tell he knows how you feel about Dean.

"How is Dean?" You break the tension with a question. He just looks down.

"I- he hasn't woken up yet, but you know I explained everything I knew on the phone. I-" You could tell he wanted to say something, but instead he just sighs and looks down again. He stands up and plants a firm hand on your shoulder.

"Well, I'm going to go, Cas didn't sound too good on the phone. I'm going to check around the bunker." he says and, after a pause, walks away. You watch him leave, then turn back to Dean. His skin was so pale, and his usually bright emerald eyes were shut, almost painfully. You watch him for a bit, and the longer you watched, he started to look more and more peaceful, like he was sleeping. After a few minutes, you sighed, then scooted over to sit in Sam's chair. You were now so close you could almost count the freckles on his face. And that's how the next few days went. You were either in your chair, your elbows propped up on your knees, your head in your hands, or you were sleeping, your head in his lap. On your 6th day, you had gotten bored of just sitting there, waiting. You knew you should be patient for Dean, but you had never been a waiting person. So, on the 6th day, you started talking to him.

"Hey Dean. I know you probably can't hear me, or you might not want to hear me because I was the reason you were in this at all. Dean, I'm sorry.. I'm sorry for causing this for you.. I'm sorry for being a burden to you. You probably don't even want to be near me or see me, but just know I'm sorry." You started crying.

"I haven't told you everything about me...  Not about the feelings I have for you either... You know what? I shouldn't have come into your life... just, just please don't leave because of me... it's been almost a week.. please, wake up... please..." you sobbed, and took his hand in yours. It was really hot. You looked up in shock and pressed your hand to his forehead. He was burning up. But as soon as your hand made contact with his forehead, he cooled down. You immediately pulled your hand away and looked at it in shock. What did I just do?? 

"Y/n, I don't know what the hell you just did, but I feel a hell of a lot better, thank you."