Chapter 18

Y/n's P.O.V

"Come on," you groan playfully. You are sitting on the edge of the hospital bed, Dean's arm wrapped protectively around your waist, both of you glaring sarcastic daggers at Sam standing in the doorway. He raises his hands in surrender.

"Hey, I was just coming to tell you that Dean can go, the doctor said now that he's awake, he should be fine," he says. Dean and you look at each other and you smile, before you both turn to Sam again. He looks between the both of you before turning to face the hallway.

"I guess I'll leave you two to... whatever this is," he says, glancing at you one more time before leaving. You get up to leave, but Dean pulls you back. You squeal with excitement as he pulls you in for another kiss. Once you both finish playing around, you help Dean pack up his stuff and head out the door. Dean insists he drive, but considering the last accident, you get into the driver's seat, much against his will. You drive the 2 hour trip to the bunker, letting Sam catch up on his well-deserved sleep. That left you and Dean to sing along with his cassette tapes, enjoying yourselves. You pull up to the bunker and get out, Dean following behind. You rap on the window, waking Sam up. You head inside to find Cas standing almost right in front of the door, seemingly waiting for you. You jump back upon seeing him right in front of you, nearly crashing into Dean. He looks angrily at you, then sees Cas and looks a little shocked too. You finally pile into the doorway and immediately Cas acknowledges you.

"Sam, Dean, y/n." he says and you are still annoyed that he appeared out of nowhere, but then again, he's an angel. He is free to zap himself wherever he wants. Dean and Sam share a glance before walking out the room. You turn to face the direction they headed and make a whiney face. Come ON guys, why did you have to ditch me??? Cas clears his throat and you turn to face him.

"I came to ask... do they know?" he starts, and you wait for him to continue. When he doesn't, you roll your eyes and ask for clarification.

"Know what?" you ask.

"That you're a nephilim." he states in a monotone voice and you shush him. 

"Cas, they could be in the next room for all we know!" you hiss and he nods his apologies. You stare at the door, waiting for the brothers to walk in demanding an explanation, but they don't. You sigh, then answer.

"No, why would I tell them?" you ask and continue to watch the door.

"Y/n, I think they deserve to know," he replies and you pause, actually considering his point. You imagine what would happen if you didn't; if they found out by themselves. They would probably blow up at you. Sure, I can tell them, but... how?  Cas must've read your thoughts or something, because he smiled as soon as that thought ran through your head.

"You could... use your powers in front of them and then tell them?" he suggests and you think. How well would that go? 

"Or... you could just walk in and blatantly tell them," he continues. Ahh, he's put it in a fun way and a boring way. Welp! Fun way it is! You turn to the doorway, ready to use your powers somehow, when you are hit with a realization and turn back.

"But Cas, what powers do I have that I can show them?" you ask and he smiles again. This is almost not Cas, he's smiling! 

"Do you not remember, y/n?" he asks and pauses for effect. You wait for him to continue. "In our last days at the cabin, I showed you how to-" he tries to continue, but you cut him off.

"Oh yeahhh! You taught me telekinesis and also attempted to teach me teleportation, but I zapped myself.. I think... at the foot of Mt. Everest?" you say and you both laugh. You finally turn back to Cas with a smile.

"Thanks Cas. Couldn't have done it without you." you say and he nods back. You turn to the door and take a deep breath. Here goes nothing... You walk into the library where you find the brothers, as expected. You quickly form up a plan before stepping out of the shadows.

"Hey guys," you mumble and sit down opposite of Dean. They both nod their heads before turning back to their research. You clear your throat quietly so both their eyes are on you.

"Hey Dean, can you grab me a beer?" They both turn their heads back down to their books, and Dean just grunts in response.

"Get your own." he mutters and you nod.

"Okay, yeah, I'll get my own." You lift your hand and a bottle of beer comes right from the counter into your hand. You take a swig and put the bottle down, only to find both brothers' eyes on you. You immediately want to burst out laughing at the expression on their faces, but you manage to keep your cool. You shrug back at them and grab a book from the stack. You pretend like you're immersed in reading the boring contents of the book. Finally Sam clears his throat and you look up, acting shocked.

"So, y/n, are you... going to give us an explanation?" he asks and you furrow your brows.

"Um... for what?" you ask and flick your eyes back to the page, attempting to look uninterested.

"Well clearly, that was some terrible acting, and you wanted to show us something." Dean says snarkily, but you could tell he was equally as interested as Sam. 

"Oh, yeah, I have powers. Wow, so interesting. Can I get back to my book now?" you say, pretending like it's nothing. You look back to the book, even though you can't even read the latin in it. Dean reaches over and flicks the book down, out of your hands. You glare a protest at him before leaning back and crossing your arms, waiting for a response or explanation.

"Is that all?" Dean asks again, and you feel their intent gazes, burning into your skull.

"Oh, other than the fact that I'm a nephilim, then yeah, that's all." you say before grabbing y/f/b from the stack of books.

"Hey! What's this doing here?" you ask before flipping it open.

"You're a nephilim!?!?" they both yell in unison. You look back up, closing the book and slamming it on the table.

"Yes, I am." you say before blowing a lock of hair out of your face.

"Wait, when were you planning on telling us?" Dean asks and you give a lazy, one shouldered shrug. 

"Now?" you say and they both look at each other. Sam and Dean just stare at each other for what feels like hours before you break the tension.

"Come on, I was just playing around!" you say and they both look at you. 

"You're ruining the mood." you mutter before leaning back again. 

"Uh, I'm gonna have to speak to Dean. Alone."