Chapter 28 (END)

Dean's P.O.V

"Aww, come on, Abaddon, I'm sure you know. She doesn't have feelings for me anymore. And I don't either. We've moved on. Of course she's not gonna come for me." I say playfully yet exhausted, trying to stall. Cas, you better be here any second, and make sure to not bring y/n, damn it. Abaddon snickers, then runs her knife down my cheek, leaving a deep gash. I try not to show any signs of pain, just grit my teeth. 

"Are you so sure about that, pretty boy?" she says, then points her knife to the door. As if on cue, a twig snaps outside, and Abaddon smiles. I use the chance to saw at my ropes, and smile knowing that finally Sam and Cas were here. But really guys, was that whole twig thing necessary?

"Abaddon, I'm sure that's not-" I say before she cuts me off. I roll my eyes.

"Come on, y/n, you don't have to be afraid," Abaddon says, and sure enough, y/n comes out of the shadows. My jaw drops. I mouth 'No, leave!' to her, but she barely even glances at me before turning to Abaddon. Why was y/n here? Why would she come for me? And where the hell is Sam and Cas?

"Let him go, Abaddon, this fight is just between us." she says, and pulls out her demon blade. Shit, y/n's in a lot of trouble. 

"Very well then, let's fight." Her face turns into an evil snarl at the last word, and soon enough, they are fighting. Everything is a blur for me as I mainly focus on freeing myself, and then something amazing happens. Sam and Cas rush in. They pull out their demon blades and weapons, and soon, everyone is throwing everything they can at Abaddon. Soon, Abaddon tackles y/n, and they both wrestle on the floor. Finally, y/n had Abaddon pinned to the floor with the demon blade at her neck. Suddenly, Abaddon uses her telekinesis to fling the blade away and takes my angel blade from the ground. 

"You didn't come alone, so get ready to see pretty boy's end." she says, and flings y/n off of her. She pins Sam and Cas to the walls beside her and bends the metal around them so they can't escape. Then, she pulls out the angel blade and uses her telekinesis to send it flying in the air, straight for my chest. I close my eyes, knowing I can't do anything as I'm bound to the chair, when I feel a rush of wind in front of me. I open my eyes just to see y/n leap in front of me.

"Y/n!" I manage to scream, but it's too late.  Y/n gasps, then falls to the floor, sputtering breaths. I rush right to her side, freeing myself finally, taking off my flannel and covering her chest with it. I feel the blade at my neck, pointed at me. I still make sure there's pressure on my flannel, trying to stop the bleeding. I feel the blade slice in, and I close my eyes, ready for the pain, when-

"Drop the blade!" I smile in relief, and the blade comes off my neck. I know it's Sam and Cas, thank goodness for them. But why weren't they with y/n to begin? I apply more pressure, when I hear y/n trying to say something. 

"Don't worry y/n, it's okay. We can get Cas to heal you." I nod Cas over, and he places his fingers on y/n's forehead before he is flung away. Abaddon. Well then. Shit. You better kill her, fast. Y/n tries to speak again, and I move my ear closer to her mouth. 

"D-Dean... don't bother s-saving me..." she says, weak. I shush her, then use my free hand to stroke her cheek.

"It's okay, y/n, we'll save you. Just hang tight," I say softly, cooing her. She smiles, but shakes her head. I sigh deeply.

"D-Dean, I h-have someth-thing to tell you.." she says, her voice getting weaker and stutters more frequent. I feel a sharp pain in my chest seeing her in my arms, bloody. I can feel the tears come, but I push them down. Stay strong. Stay strong for y/n. We'll get her out of here soon. 

"I lo-love yo-ou too.." she says and I smile sadly, the tears welling up in my eyes too.

"I j-just di-idn't want t-to tell you i-in ca-ase Abadd-don hurt yo-ou.." she says, voice getting gradually softer. I want to reassure her that we'll get her out soon, but I'm not so sure of it myself. Nonsense Dean, we'll get her out alive. Then she tries to sit up, and I gently lay her back down.

"No y/n, don't-" Then I realize what she was trying to do. I smile, tears pushing my eyelids, aching to fall free. I bend down and kiss her softly, and she smiles. She kisses me back, and at the moment, I don't care about whatever the hell is going on around me, I just focus on having her in my arms. After a few seconds, I can already tell she's gone from the way her arms go limp and her lips lifeless. I don't care, I just want to kiss her until the world ends, have her in my arms forever. I finally let her go, set her down gently. And then the tears spring free, and I cry. I sit there, crying over y/n's lifeless body. She is gone. Y/n is gone. I close my eyes and just feel the pain, letting the tears dribble down my chin. Soon, Cas and Sam join me, crouching down beside me. Sam already has tears in his eyes, and I'm pretty sure Cas has no idea what's going on, but he looks sad. Sam pats my back, and I just stare at her face, the memories flooding of when it looked bright, alive, happy. I just want for one more single moment to see her smile, to see her eyes crinkle with laughter. But it won't. Not ever again.