Chapter 4

If you didn't know,

y/f/s = your favourite show

Y/n's P.O.V

Life is already hard enough for you trying to ignore Dean's flirting. But somehow, you managed to get through a few months without tearing your hair out. Right now, you are in the backseat of Baby, reflecting on the time you had first met the Winchesters. You remember when he had winked at you, then you knew you had fallen for the Dean charm. It is so hard to resist, yet you know you have to. The voice is right. With hunters, love never ends happily. You had tried to keep your distance from Dean, but it was hard. You look at Dean, his green eyes twinkling as he sings to the music, his voice off-tune. You smile sadly and turn away, tears forming in your eyes. I wish for once I wasn't a hunter. If I weren't a hunter, we might have a chance. But... it's too late. I'll just have to hide these feelings somewhere they won't show. You wipe away your tears and rest your head on the car, the purr of the engine lulling you to sleep.

"Y/n, wake up, princess, we're here," Dean says, and you look out of the window to see a motel. You climb out of the car, stretching, and walk down the paved path to the door. Dean beats you to it, tossing you your room key as you walk in. You both get into the elevator, Sam following behind, and you ride up to your floor. As you walk down the quiet hallway, Dean stops at the room beside you.

"Y/n, if you need us we're-" Dean says before you cut him off.

"Yes, Dean, I get it, we've done this before. I'll get you guys if I need you," you say, and enter your room. You sigh and drop off your bag on the table. You sit on the bed, staring into space for a moment before grabbing the remote and turning on the television. You decide to watch whatever's on, and surprisingly y/f/s comes on. You watch a few episodes before dozing off, splayed on the bed.

You wake up hearing 3 voices outside of your door. You are about to get up when there is a knock on the door. You get up, walk to the door, and open it. You see Sam, Dean and another man behind them. He has chestnut hair and blue eyes and is wearing a trench coat overtop a black suit, white button-down shirt, and a blue tie. Sam looks at you and follows your gaze to the man.

"Oh, uh, y/n, this is Castiel," he says as you stand in the doorway, not moving. "Uh, we can make introductions inside, right?" You shake out of your trance and step aside.

"Yeah, yeah," you say, clearing your throat as the 3 men step in. 

"Sorry 'bout that" you mutter. You follow them and close the door behind you, pulling out a chair as the 3 men find their seats. For a moment, you all just seem to stare at each other until you clear your throat again.

"So, uh guys, who is he? Castiel..?" you say, trying to start a conversation. You had never been good at starting a conversation, but usually, you didn't have to. Dean stares at you for a moment and you blush before he looks away at Sam.

"Yeah, y/n, this is Castiel, our angel friend," Dean says and you look at him with wide eyes. Angel? Really? You all turn to look at Castiel when he clears his throat.

"Uh yeah, nice to meet you y/n, the boys have told me a lot about you. I am Castiel, angel of the lord but you can call me Cas," he says, and you hold out your hand. He just stares at it, tilting his head. Dean bursts out laughing as you blush then take your hand back.

"Cas, buddy," Dean says between laughs. "Y/n wanted to shake your hand. It's sort of like a greeting." Cas' eyes light up with understanding as he turns to you.

"Sorry y/n, I am still understanding the ways of humans on Earth." Cas reminds you of a robot when he talks and you laugh at how cute it is. He looks at you, confused, but you get up before he says anything else to embarrass you.

"Well, I'm going off to take a shower, you boys continue your talk," you say, grabbing a spare change of clothes before heading in the hotel bathroom. You quickly strip and hop in the shower. The warm water calms you down and you close your eyes, tilting your head up in delight. You open your eyes, and what you see makes you scream. No, it- it can't be... it can't be... it's... Abaddon? As if she can read my thoughts, she smiles. Yes, hon, it is me, Abaddon. You back up until your back is pressing against the shower wall. In an instant, she is right up in your face. Then, it clicks. She was the voice inside my head. Who was warning me about Dean. She smiles again. Black smoke starts pooling out of her mouth.

"Right you are, girl. It's me, the one and only-"

Suddenly the door swings in and Dean comes with an angel blade. He sees Abaddon and swings at her with his angel blade. She dodges and looks back at you. I'll be back for you sweetheart. And with that, she's gone.

"Y/n! Are you okay?" Dean asks, and runs up to you, grabbing you. He then realizes that you are naked and turns away.

"Whoops, sorry," he says, grabbing a towel off the rack and holding it out behind him. You grab it and wrap yourself before giving him the Ok to look. He looks you up and down, licking his lips, almost undressing you with his eyes and you blush. He looks back at your face and sees that you're embarrassed and he blushes too.

"Y/n, are you okay?" he says and reaches out to grab your shoulders. You feel a spark of electricity as your skin makes contact. Get it together, y/n, don't let your emotions affect work. Your mouth goes dry as you try to speak, so you just nod.

"Well, go get dressed and we can talk about it outside, okay?"