Chapter 8

Y/n's P.O.V (A few hours before)

You are trapped in an endless tunnel of darkness. You wander around hopelessly, looking for a way to escape. You have tried yelling, but all it did was echo off invisible walls before fading away, leaving no trace of it ever being there. You search for a hint of where you might be, but all you see is darkness. You are encased in darkness. So you just sit down, hoping that something, someone, might rescue you. Dean, where are you, I need you! You sigh, knowing that he probably couldn't hear you. Cas, please help me, I don't know where I am? You curl up and cry, knowing that you're helpless and probably dead considering that your body was still somewhere in that horrid cabin with that sick vamp and your carved designs. But then you feel a hand on your shoulder. You look up to see Cas. Never have you been so overjoyed to see the awkward angel.

"Cas? How did you find me?" you say, wiping your tears.

"Sorry to say it y/n, but your soul is in a different universe right now. I am here to guide you back to your universe so that Sam and Dean can save you," he says and holds his hand out.

"But by the time I get back, will it be too late?" you ask, grabbing his hand as he helps you up. He shakes his head, and you breathe out a sigh of relief.

"Their time moves slower than this universe," he says and looks at you. Together, you just walk. You follow Cas and occasionally bump into walls, but finally, down a long passage, you see a hint of light. You breathe out a breath you hadn't noticed you had been holding and turn to him.

"This is a portal that leads you back to their universe, y/n. I hope to see you soon." Cas says, and gestures to the light at the end of the tunnel.

"Thanks for everything, Cas," you say, before turning to the light. You take long strides toward the light, picking up pace as you imagine being in Dean's arms again. You reach the light and take a deep breath before stepping through. A sudden burst of light has your eyes closing and soon, you suddenly hear a loud crash. You open your eyes to see you are still tied into the chair, the vamp hovering over you and the pain of all your injuries suddenly comes in a huge wave, making you scream. You suddenly notice the door is knocked down, and Dean is standing in the doorway, Sam standing beside him.

"Y/n!" Dean yells taking a step closer to you, and the vamp turns to him. You take the opportunity to slide the switchblade out of your sleeve, sawing at the rope as fast as possible. Sam distracts the vamp by yelling.

"Let her go, she's innocent!" The vamp cackles, and the ropes fall loose as your knife bites through the last threads. You shoot up, aiming to tackle the vamp, but the vamp sees you and dodges. It pulls you up and suddenly, you are standing before Sam and Dean, a knife pressed to your neck. You shoot Dean an I-love-you look, hoping he'll understand, but he starts making weird gestures with his hands. The vamp sees it and smiles.

"Why should I let her go? She's not your girlfriend, is she?" the vamp asks and cackles at its stupid joke.

"Just drop your weapons and she won't get hurt, Winchesters," the vamp says and Sam and Dean share a look before dropping their guns and kicking it away. The vamp nods and releases the knife from your neck. Dean takes a cautious step forward. Dean looks at you with an Are-you-okay look and you nod. The vamp sees the communication and grins, showing off its horrid fangs.

"My, my, this will be fun," it says and plunges the blade deep into your stomach. White-hot pain shoots through your body, and you are barely fighting to stand anymore. You scrunch your eyes in pain, but then struggle to keep them open, to stay alive. Black spots immediately fill your vision, just as you see Sam behead the vamp. You hear Dean yelling your name, and all you can do is smile weakly before you slip into total darkness. Soon, you give up your fight of keeping your eyes open, so you just let them close peacefully, enjoying the moment of pure bliss. You feel stirring beside you, and you open your eyes to see Dean. You smile at how cute he is when he is waking up. You turn to look at your surroundings. You are in a nicely furnished bedroom, lying on a king-size bed. The sunlight streams in through the blinds on your left and you take a moment to realize that you don't know where you are. Dean rubs his eyes and you turn to him. When he sees you, he smiles.

"Good morning, princess," he says and kisses you softly. He pulls away and gets up, changing in front of you. All you can do is sit there, your eyes wide, wondering what just happened. He looks at you and smiles again.

"C' mon, y/n, we gotta get the kids to school. You know how Mrs. Green is when they're late," he says before leaving. Kids? Last I remembered, the closest we were was when we almost kissed? What's going on? Cas, can you please tell me what kind of messed up reality is this? You get dressed and walk down the stairs, still confused. You see Dean flipping pancakes, and you rub your eyes from the fatigue when you notice something scratching your skin. You are standing beside Dean when you look at your hand. He sees you and notices your shocked look.

"Dean, we- we're married???"