Two

© 2014 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

The dress was choking me, just like my fear was. Closing in on me, suffocating me. Being around this many Lycans at once was beyond intimidating. If I spilled my champagne on this race, they would have my head on a stick, waving it in front of my weeping mother's grave.

"You should've worn something more flexible." Mikhail reprimanded. "It's your own damn fault."

I scowled at him. "You're the one who told me to dress nice,"

"Dress nice meant dress like a hooker to you then?" he mumbled, lowering his tone as a Lycan passed by to enter the doors of the hall in front of us.

I ignored him, focusing on the slew of Lycans.

"By the Moon Goddess, they look like marble statues!" I hissed, locking eyes with my brother. "You have got to joking. We can't have these people going at the rogues with our fighters. What if they mistake our fighters for rogues? The pack won't feel safe, damn it!"

"Then make them." he growled. "That is your job as Luna. Make them feel safe."

I met his hard gaze. "Don't you dare try to use the Alpha tone on me, Mikhail. Now control yourself before we enter the hall."

He wasn't the only one who needed controlling. I myself was on the brink of insanity. Lycans were cold blooded killers, especially him.

Stark Xerxes.

His name sent shivers down my spine, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Known to be calculating and cruel, he was declared Alpha of the Lycans- the best of the best.

"We'll be fine." I muttered to myself, entering the hall filled with a race that could kill us with a flick of their wrist.

It was bright. Extremely bright. Crystal chandeliers decorated the ceiling, bringing elegance to the ethereal Lycans that flecked the room.

"Why exactly did we have to dress up again?" I muttered, seeing all the Lycans in Armani suits.

"Because I paired the meeting to go after a Lycan's birthday."

Anger rose in me. "A Lycan's birthday? I'm not here to party with my potential killer, okay? We are here to get these egotistical hounds to help us. And until that meeting occurs, I am not staying here any longer!" I whispered fiercely, catching my breath.

An alarmed look flashed across Mikhail's face. "Panic attacks are not in our best interests right now, Katya."

"I just need a breather." I gasped. "Their scents are making me queasy."

Walking back out of the golden hall and into the night made be feel extremely comfortable. With the moonlight covering me, I felt as if I was protected by the Moon Goddess herself. Seeing as the party was going to take quite a while being as it just started, I trekked into the near by woods behind the hall, following the patches of moonlight as my path. The tree's branches seem to curl with another's, creating a gorgeous overhang. I reached up on my toes, grabbing one of the branches closest to me. I plucked a leaf, inspecting the dark green color carefully as I walked around in a circle.

My body locked up when I heard the birds become silent. I wasn't alone.

I lifted my head from the leaf, looking side to side from the corner of my eyes. A shadow on my left. I spun, bringing my leg up sharply only to have my ankle being held a centimeter from a rough jawline. Steel gray eyes lowered to mine.

"Rotate your hips more." he muttered.

It was Stark Xerxes.

I was about to kick a Lycan in the face. If he didn't catch me ankle... my organs would be hanging from the trees.