Seventeen

Dedicated to my squad's "Regina George"

_____________________________________________________________________________

~MIKHAIL~

Finn ripped off the bandaid on Amaya's arm, cringing when his mate shrieked, lowering her voice to subtle whimper. 

"The quicker the better," he soothed, rubbing her arm in a comforting manner.

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms as I laid on the couch with Ryker and Ryland across me, staring at Amaya as if she were an alien. 

"Who's she?" Ryker questioned cautiously, moving around to me.

"That-" I gestured to the sobbing mess who we called Amaya. "is the result of having sex, pups."

They both flinched before Ryland spoke up. "Any news of my wife?"

I sighed heavily, resting my head back against the pillow as I stared at the newly replaced ceiling paper. "No. Katya hasn't been responding to me. It's as if there's a block there-" I paused, frowning. "Wait- did you just call your Luna your wife?"

I didn't have time to scold them both because the slide open doors slammed back into their retreating state as a blonde stormed in. "Who the fuck decided to take a piss on my territory?"

I immediately rose to attention, pushing myself off the couch as a crowd gathered from my pack. I took a quick whiff of the air- the first thing I noticed was this fierce blonde belonged to the pack up north- the Redwood Pack.

The second thing that hit my nostrils like a train wreck was the warm scent of cinnamon and honey. My pupils dilated and I lunged forward, cupping the back of her neck so I could get a good look at her.

"Mate?" she exclaimed.

My jaw clenched. "Rosalie Parker."

The girl I bullied in fourth grade was my mate?

_____________________________________________________________________________

~STARK~

Katya's eyes fluttered shut as she lost balance, dropping like a sack of stones. I quickly caught her, sweeping her small form into my arms before laying her onto my bed, the others crowding around her.

"Jazz, do something!" Iris hissed as she nudged her way beside me and the lamp post, tearing open the sleeves of Katya's flannel pajamas to examine the protruding veins in her caramel skin. 

"I can't-" he stammered, dragging a stressed hand down his forehead. "She's in the second stage, it's not like with Alric where I can remove it right away."

"You have to!" Iris pressed, "I can slow down her bloodstream so it's doesn't spread too quickly to her brain but that's as far as I go concerning poisonous fluids!"

Lorena moved around to the other side of the bed, ripping her flannel down her chest, buttons flying everywhere. "Stark, don't just stand there- cut off her oxygen, quick!"

I snapped back to attention, swallowing past my fear of losing her. Rushing forward, I cupped the nape of her neck, tilting her head back so her neck was stretching and her airways would open. I covered her soft pink mouth with my hand, pressing firmly. "How long until the lack of oxygen kills her?"

"Hopefully longer than the time it takes to kill some of her red blood cells." Draver muttered, holding her legs steady as her body unconsciously thrashed.

"Jazz, at least try." I demanded, scenarios of life without Katya flickering like a fast forward film in my mind with every passing second. "You're the only one of us who actually has a chance of removing the vampire blood from her blood!"