i can't believe my ears

I couldn't believe what I was hearing; how could my father accept it? Did he forget something? That they are our number one priority, this is just too much for me, I need to rest."This has to be some kind of sick joke," I declare Pushing past Vada, who is smiling."Wait, where are you going?" Vada inquired, snapping out of whatever trance she had been inI'm going to have a word with my father," I turn towards her without blinking.

**************

It wasn't long before we arrived at the Pack house.As I stood in front of the wood doors, sweating profusely, I raised my fist and knocked once.

His deep voice echoed on the other side of the door as he said, "ENTER."

My father was sitting at his desk, looking over papers when he looked up and smiled at me. When I didn't return his smile, he gradually faded.

"What's the matter honey bee?" He inquired, his gaze fixed on me.
"Dad, I just got word that we've been invited to the Black River Pack's ceremony?" I declareHe inhales deeply and rubs his temples.

"We are, my honey bee, and we were all going." That includes you. There are no ifs, ands, or buts. He declares

My arms are folded across my chest."However, dad, have you forgotten about our adversaries?" I make an attempt to reason with him.

"This isn't the case; the ceremony is for his younger sister." They have no intention of harming us." He says this while closing his eyes."You must let go of the past," they are not intending to harm us,We'll go show our faces, and I promise that you won't cause any trouble."he yells

"Dad," I exclaim.

"Did I get it right? Samira!" He repeats himself.

I respond, "Understood."

I return to my room and come to a halt when I notice the piles of dresses on my bed.

"What on Earth...?" My gaze is drawn to Vada, who is hiding in my closet.

"Vada!!" She jumps when I yell.
"Can you tell me what you're doing with all of my dresses?" Waiting for her to respond, I cross my arms over my chest.She sighs and rolls her eyes.

"Well, you're the only one with really nice things in the pack house." She confesses

"No one cares what you wear because this event isn't for you. To be completely honest.""Damn Maria for peeing in my cheerios." Vada says, I really hurt her, and puts her hand over her heart."Well, I'm telling you, it's for the sister of the Cold-hearted Lycan." I tell her.

"You know you shouldn't call people names because it doesn't sit well with you. What's more, how do you know he's cold-hearted?

Have you ever had the opportunity to meet him?"

Actually, it feels as if I've met him. I pondered.

"It makes no difference. I've recently heard a lot of rumors "attempting to change the topicShe gives me the longest look.

"I'd call you a weirdo if you weren't my best friend." Her response was as follows:

"You still care about me." I say it with a smile.

She doesn't say anything as she digs through the closet.

"Oh, I'm going to look sexy in this," she says as she clings to the dress.,

I collapse onto my bed, which is piled high with clothes."Can you tell me what you're doing?" Vada enquired.

"Um laying down," I said, raising my brows.

"Oh no, you're not, you are going to this ceremony,"

"Why is everyone referring to it as a mate-finding ceremony?" I have a good laugh.

"Make no attempt to change the subject. You're on your way." Vada explains.

"No, I'm not going; I told my father I wasn't going, and that's that." I stared at her with my arms crossed over my chest.

Vada laughs, "We both know you didn't tell your father that."

I let out a low sigh, wishing my brother was here at this moment to protect me."Come on, girl...it won't be that bad, what could possibly go wrong?" She is adamant.That little voice in my head telling me there's a lot that could go wrong.

Published March-28-1019

 last published Aug- 10-2020