Luckiest Man

I was bored, like really bored. There was nothing to do and no where to go. I laid on the couch and stared at the ceiling. It's been two hours since Fionn left for work, and I just wanted to cuddle him underneath our warm covers and fall asleep.

But he has been very busy with his work and he hasn't had the time to stay home often. Sometimes he would come home late and exhausted and just tumble in to bed.

I got off the couch and stumbled into our room, a sudden spell of exhaustion taking over me. I pulled back the covers and slipped in, stifling a yawn.

I laid their comfortably, staring at the ceiling until I drifted of to sleep. It felt like I had slept for mere seconds when I heard the front door open.

I opened my eyes, confused as to who it would be. Surely it wasn't Fionn, the clock only read 2pm which is too early for him.

"Fionn?" I called out in confusion. "Yes darling?" He replied, his voice sounding far. I instantly fell back and relaxed into the bed. Yawning and stretching my stiff body.

The soft patter of Fionn's feet made me turn my head towards the bedroom door. He walked in with a sheepish grin on his face, still in his t-shirt and jeans.

"You look cute" he grinned at me while changing into his pyjamas. I felt the heat rise up to my cheeks, surely turning them a rosy pink.

"I just woke up, the chances of looking cute after a nap aren't very realistic"
I mumbled, watching him put on his shirt.

He walked over to the bed and slipped in, lying on his back and staring at the ceiling. I scooted closer to him and laid my head on his shoulder.

"I missed you" I said, staring at him. He turned to face me, his smile taking my breathe away. "I missed you too, Y/N" he said while running his hand through my H/C hair.

I moved closer into him, feeling his arms snake around my body. "I love you so much Fionn, it physically hurts" I whispered, knowing he would still hear me.

"I love you too darling, and I don't even know how a man like me was blessed with such an angel. I don't deserve you Y/N" he whispered into my hair.

"Well, your stuck with me" I replied giggling into his chest. I heard his laugh as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Let's go to sleep darling" he said, pulling me closer to him.