6 || Superman, Thanks to Lois Lane

"She's resting right now. I don't think that's appropriate." Casey heard in her sleep. Only she wasn't sure if was a dream or reality.

"We just need to ask her a few questions." An unknown voice replied.

"My nigga you can't hear? He said it's inappropriate. I'll make sure she speaks to you when she's home." Gabe said obviously agitated.

Casey eyes shot open. She noticed both Gabe and Ko talking to someone outside the door.

"Here's my card. Call me and we'll set up a time for her to come in." Ko said reaching for his card to give to the unknown individual.

"Thank you." The unknown individual said as Gabe closed the door.

"Gabe" Casey said a little louder than the day before but still soft. Her throat was still sore and her entire body was in pain.

"What's up? How you feeling?" Gabe responded to Casey. He stood at the end of her hospital bed in a change of clothes signifying that he had been home.

"Who was that?"

"The detectives." Gabe answered. Casey just looked at Gabe with her eyes watering.

"It's all good. Ko got you. And you're coming home today."

"How? Are they done with my house?"

"No. Still doing the investigation. You and Deuce staying with me."

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"That's why I didn't ask you." Gabe responded with an attitude. Before Casey could respond, Deuce came bursting through the door at full speed.

"MOMMY!" Deuce said climbing on the bed.

"I missed you mommy!" He continued while hugging her. "Daddy says you're coming home with us! I'm so happy!"

"I'm glad you are baby. Mommy misses you too."

"Ewwww" Deuce said holding his nose. "Your breath stinks mommy!" Deuce continued causing everyone to laugh. Gabe went and grabbed her toothbrush and cup so that she could brush her teeth in bed

Casey was so happy to see Deuce. His energy confirmed that she didn't do anything wrong. She did everything to protect her only son. Flashbacks from last night replayed through her head, including alternate outcomes as she rubbed her hands through Deuce's soft hair.

The look on Benji's face she could never forget.

"Keep playing with me stupid bitch." She heard him say. "You really thought I was going to let you go that easy? You're too fine to not fuck baby." Benji continued as he aggressively rubbed over Casey's body. The entire time Casey was stuck in a vulnerable position. All she wanted to do was reach her gun that had fallen out of her hand.

"Mommy! Don't cry." She heard Deuce say breaking her from her thoughts.

"Don't be sad mommy. You saved me. I can't wait to tell my friends how my mom is a hero!" He continued causing Casey to break down.

"Come on Deuce. Let's let mommy get ready to go home." Gabe tried to diffuse the situation and give Casey some space.

Soon, the nurses came to take the IV ports out of Casey's arm. Casey then proceeded to shower and get dressed. She exited the bathroom noticing the room cleared of everyone except Gabe.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Yeah." She replied in obvious pain as she made her way over to Gabe.

She followed Gabe outside and to his car without uttering another word. Last night's events were replaying over and over again. "He almost raped me" she thought. What if he had gotten to Deuce? What if she is charged with his murder? So many thoughts raced through her head as the scene continued to replay in her head like a movie on repeat.