eleven.

mackenzie's pov..

requests:

ashtonarbab: hey you're mackenzie right? from 6quad on youtube?

kenzieziegler: the one and only :) who r u?

ashtonarbab: well im ashton and i think you're rlly cute. we were nominated for the same teen choice award.

kenzieziegler: oh..
well ty ig.
you're not so bad yourself..

ashtonarbab: ty❤️
you're single right?

kenzieziegler: well aren't you straightforward?

ashtonarbab: ;)

kenzieziegler: aren't we each other's competition?? nO fraTeRnizIng wiTH thE eNeMy!¡!🥵💀

ashtonarbab: it isn't a rule, we should hang sometime😉

kenzieziegler: ill think about it..

ashtonarbab: text me when you've come to a conclusion
read 5:32pm

i put my phone down and wondered what i should i do, i would call annie and ask for advice but she's with carson, their having a movie night at his house. as johnny is my guy bestfriend.. well i don't know, was? i'd ask him but that'd be awkward because of our last conversation. i realized lauren and i had kinda been distant so i decided to facetime her.

facetime call..

lauren answered the call and was doing her makeup.
"hey stranger" mackenzie joked.
"hey" lauren chuckled.
"i feel like we haven't really talked in a while, how are you??" mackenzie questioned.
"im ok i guess, thanks for asking.." lauren paused. "how are you though? i heard about hayden." she continued, putting on earrings.
mackenzie looked away from the screen for a second, looking she said, "it's eh, i don't really know how to describe it. im sad, but i feel like he deserves the best.. ya know?"

lauren finally looked at the screen, "trust me i know.."
mackenzie finally asked why she was getting all fancy.
"well im going to a party with nadia to get someone of my mind ahaha, she told me to bring johnny." lauren answered.
"woah woah woah.." mackenzie was confused, "too much information at once.." she paused, "i have questions!"
"ask away" lauren said trying to stop herself from letting out a laugh.

"first of all, who is nadia? second, get who off of your mind? last, why does she want you to bring johnny? is she pretty.." mackenzie was lost and was now getting insecure.

lauren was now chuckling, "nadia is one of the people nominated for the teen choice award that we were nominated for. the person im getting off my mind is a long story that i don't have time for right now. and i think she wants me to bring johnny because she has a little crush on him, and yes she is very pretty." lauren finished.

mackenzie was now processing the information and her eyes were almost watering when she decided it'd be best to hang up.
"oh.. well, have fun ahaha. anyways lauren i got to go maddie is on the other line." she lied.

mackenzie laid on her carpet rethinking her life choices when she decided it was time to stop moping around and do something with her life, as everyone around her was moving on.

she called hayden.
(a.n. here we go again.)

_____

hayden pulled up in her driveway and honked his horn.
kenzie left her house and hopped in his car.
"hey, i hope it isn't awkward i called you?" kenzie said as she got into the car.
"no it's ok, we were friends before we dated, we can be friends now. i told you i'd always be there for you." hayden said as he started driving off.
"where to?" hayden asked.
"how about that spot looks really nice near your house?" kenzie looked up slightly excited.
"okay" hayden said as he drove in the direction of his house.

hayden pulled up to his house, they had to walk up the hill. on the way up, kenzie and hayden talked in a way they never did before..

"so, i hoped this wouldn't be awkward.. and it isn't so i thank you for that." she chuckled.
hayden laughed, holding out his hand so that she could climb over the rock he had already climbed over. taking his hand she said,
"no really, i know we loved each other but over a period of time feelings like that could really turn into a great friendship ya know" finally climbing over the rock and finishing.
"i get it.." he paused as they continued to walk, "like i always loved spending time with you and talking to you, it's the same without all the kissing. but now we could talk about anything with each other without it being weird." he finished.
"actually im glad you said that, some kid that was also nominated for the award we were nominated for dmd me to ask me out.."

hayden stopped walking as they reached the spot with the view. he sat down and kenzie started walking towards him. she sat down beside him and asked,
"thoughts?"
"well i definitely didn't think it'd be this soon. it's a little weird but ill support you in whatever you decide to do." he answered, finally looking up at her giving a welcoming smile.
kenzie leaned in for a hug, hayden did the same.

"this would so be a good picture." kenzie said from hayden's shoulder. hayden chuckled and took a picture, then airdropped it to her.

they sat there and just talked for another 30 mins. hayden then took kenzie home, went back to his house and called it a night.

__

(a.n. omg im moving tmmr 🥵 but anyways there's gonna be some teA in the next chapter 👀💀🙊)