sixteen.

kenzies pov

i decided to go starbucks by myself. i drove there because it was about time i stopped harassing annie about driving me to places.

i pulled up into the parking lot and walked into the store. while i was waiting in line two people i saw a glimpse of what i thought was a familiar face. the person ordered and turned around, it was johnny. he was alone. i didnt know whether i should say something or not, we weren't exactly on the best terms.

it was probably best to hide. i ordered my drink and waited with my hood up. unfortunately, my drink was ready before johnny's..

"KENZIE?" the worker called out.

i took off my hood and looked around. then i heard his voice, i hadn't heard it in so long. i missed it.

"kenz?" i heard him say. i looked up and his eyes met mine. he started walking towards me, i didn't say anything.
"so you're just not speaking to me now?" he asked sounding a little frustrated.

"JOHNNY?" the worker called out, this time johnny walked up and grabbed his drink. he started walking back towards me.
"really kenz?" he asked this time more sad than frustrated.

i started feeling bad and immature, i should say something. right?
something blurted out of me, it wasn't necessarily the right thing to say but it was something.

"IM GOING ON A DATE." i said quickly.
"a date?" he asked with a little crack in his voice.

that voice again. it kind of hurt me knowing that i was hurting him. i didn't just miss his voice. i missed him.

"i'm sorry." i couldn't be there anymore. i ran out of the starbucks and into my car. i just started driving, nowhere specifically, just to clear my head.

___
(a.n. sorry this is short. but it's because im giving three chapters today.)