twenty-three.

it's been a few days since they won the award and everyone was hanging out at the orlando's.

carson and johnny were playing videos games in the living room. while lauren, hayden, kenzie, and annie were sitting outside near the pool.

hayden and lauren were sitting on the pool chairs cuddling on one side of the pool.

annie and kenzie were sitting on the other side of the pool with only their legs dipped in and talking. when annie brought something up, "so how's things with johnny?"

"i don't really know how to answer that question. we are on good terms i guess.." kenzie replied.

"and?" annie said as in 'tell me the rest'".

"and we're friends?" kenzie said unsure.

"friends? and how do you feel about that?" annie asked.

"i don't know.. help me." kenzie said.

"all im saying is there are going to be people in your life that you are in love with and people that you are just friends with. no in between. never both." annie said before saying, "and from they way you two look at each other? you guys aren't just friends."

kenzie took everything annie had just said and turned around to look at johnny from the screen door, smiling.

"annie? i think you're right." kenzie said looking back at her.

"when am i not?" annie joked.

she gave her a hug saying, "thanks." and got up from the pool, and dried her legs off before putting on her slides. she walked into the living room and to johnny who was currently taking a break from playing.

kenzie tapped him on the shoulder and asked, "hey can we talk?"

"yea sure." johnny said getting up and walking with her up the stairs and to his room.

kenzie walked into his room and sat down on his bed. johnny closed the door behind him.

"so what'd you wanna talk to me about?" he asked sitting down.

"okay so im gonna speak and i need you to not say anything." she said nervously.

"okay.." johnny said.

"yea so.." kenzie started taking a deep breath. "a few weeks ago you told me you loved me. now i didn't necessarily say it back but i kissed you. and that was nice. but i never really thought of you that way, i was always with hayden." she stopped,

"but since that day, all i could think about was what you said. and how you didn't just tell me that you loved me but that you were in love with me. obviously i've heard it before but there's something about the way you said it. it just.." she paused again,

"you said it like you meant it and you listed why. im not gonna lie it scared me. then we didn't talk for awhile and i missed you. i wanted you back so we became friends. but i can't be just friends with you. because we aren't just friends." she finished.

johnny was now smiling, "are you finished?"

kenzie was smiling too, "no im not done. johnny vincent orlando, i'm in love with you. im in love with how smart you are, im in love with the weird things you do when you think no one is watching, im in love with the weird things you do when you know someone is watching, im in love with your smile, your laugh, your hair, and everything about you. when im with you.. it's like everything and everyone disappears and i feel safe. like i don't have to worry about anything. i love how you love me and how you make me feel, i love everything about you. and wow i've been talking for a long time now." kenzie said nearly out of breath.

johnny started laughing, "are you done now or do i still have to keep my mouth shut?" johnny joked.

"im done." kenzie said playing hitting his arm.

"well then im in love with you too." johnny said pulling her in for a kiss.

seconds later he pulled out of the kiss and spoke, "but i have a serious question."

kenzie was confused, "okay.. shoot."

"will you officially be my girlfriend, so that there won't be any future miscommunications?" johnny asked.

"i'll have to get back to you on that." kenzie joked.

"oh yea?" johnny said playing along and going in for a kiss.

"yea." kenzie was able to get in before the kiss.

___

a.n. disclaimer idk how i wrote that it was probably very cheesy and made no sense but i know nothing about love so 🤷‍♀️ also there were two songs that i listened to while writing this one is in the video thingy majig and the other one is fire on fire by sam smith so i very much recommend listening to those while reading this.. but you probably already read it so this doesn't matter and ew this is getting long. bye. 🥴