eighteen.

back at kenzie's house, lauren and kenzie were on the couch watching a movie and eating popcorn.

halfway into the movie, kenzie paused it. she couldn't stick to just having a plan. she just wanted things to go smoothly for once.

"lauren, i know." kenzie said turning to face her.
".. know what?" lauren asked genuinely trying to keep in a laugh.
"i know you like hayden."

lauren made a guilty face, followed by her getting up and fake laughing to try to convince kenzie otherwise.

"no. lauren, it's fine." kenzie said reassuringly.
"no. kenzie, it's not fine." lauren said frantically. "nothing about this is fine." she continued.
"it really is." kenzie said still trying to convince lauren. "although i wish you would've told me sooner.." kenzie whispered this time.
"why didn't you tell me?" kenzie asked in a soft voice.

lauren already had a tear going down her cheek. kenzie's last words caused more to come out.

"i didn't say anything because i didn't want you to hate me.. or worse i didn't want to hurt you." lauren said, now tears were streaming down her face.

kenzie pulled lauren into a tight hug and they stayed like that for about a minute. letting go of the hug, kenzie said,

"i could never hate you." this put a smile on lauren's cheeks.
"if it makes you feel any better, he likes you too." she added.

lauren started laughing at this, "no he doesn't."
"oh but he does." kenzie retorted in a 'matter of fact' way.
"how do you know?" lauren said shifting in her seat curiously.
"he told me!" kenzie said proudly.
lauren was in disbelief, "why didn't he tell me?"
"probably because he thinks you have a boyfriend.." kenzie said in a 'duh' tone. continuing she said, "you should probably go talk to him about that."
"when?" lauren asked snapping out of whatever daydream she was in.
"now!" she paused looking through her messages for a moment, "he's home." she said giving a 'go for it' signal along with a friendly smile.

lauren then gathered her things and left out of kenzie's front door, leaving kenzie alone with her thoughts.

___
(a.n. i think i forgot how to write.. 🙈)