fifteen.

ashtonarbab: so have you thought abt it?

kenzie looked and the notification on her phone and thought about it for a second. she thought this was the perfect thing she needed to get over johnny.

kenzieziegler: sure. how's thursday, 3:00 at citywalk ?

ashtonarbab: sounds great
see you there beautiful.
seen 7:48pm

kenzie left her house and headed to annie's house.

"hey anns" kenzie said walking into annie's house.
"hey kenz" annie responded closing her front door and walking up the stairs with kenzie following behind.

as they got into annie's room, annie sat on her bed while kenzie sat in her beanbag.

"so remember the other day when you dropped me off at hayden's.." kenzie asked annie looking up from her phone.

annie remembered that night and how she lied about where she was going.

48 hours ago..

"bye kenz" annie said driving off.

annie was now in the car alone and at a red light she called johnny.

"johnny"
"what's up annie"
"i know that you like kenzie"
"ha.. what?! who said that.." johnny said now sounding nervous.
"listen it's ok because she still likes you. she just doesn't know how to handle it."
"then why is she always with hayden?"
"because they are friends. trust me. you should see they way she talks about you."
"well how does she?" johnny asked curiously.

the light turned green making annie put the phone on speaker.
"oh my gawd johnny, me telling you this over the phone is interfering with my original plan to talk to you in person." she said getting frustrated.
"anyways i was calling to find out if you were home" she continued.
"yea im home."

"okay so im gonna help you get her back!" annie squealed, walking into johnny's room sitting on his desk chair.
"um how is that exactly?" johnny asked sitting on the edge of his bed.
"well i mean i've known kenz my whole life." annie paused. "so i mean i know her well and all you really gotta do is tell her how you feel."
"and make sure she hears it." she added.
"what do you mean?" johnny was a bit confused.
"just listen to me dumbass. you actually make her really happy and i like when she's happy so yea." annie said getting up and walking out his bedroom door.

johnny was now blushing and thinking of what he was going to say to kenzie.

back to present time..

"yea i remember." annie said snapping out her memory, "what about it?"
"well hayden likes lauren."

annie gasped, sis was shook as hell.

"yea i know!! that was literally me when i found out!" kenzie said, kind of shouting.
"well that's interesting." annie said deviously.
"ok so don't get mad at me but i've known for awhile that lauren likes him.." annie added.
"what do you mean? how long?" kenzie said, kind of confused.
"well, when you and hayden were still dating.." annie said slowly, almost whispering.

kenzie's pov

i didn't know what to say. i mean, i couldn't really be mad but it still hurt a little that lauren couldn't talk to me about it. i was a little mad that annie didn't tell me though. but not MAD mad i realized that i should probably say something before annie thinks i was mad.

third person's pov

"well, im not mad" kenzie finally spoke. "just a little shocked thats all. why didn't you tell me?"
"i didn't say anything because i didn't want to interfere with your relationship, but now i know i had nothing to worry about." annie said, sounding nervous at first but gradually gaining confidence.
"mkay." kenzie responded letting it go. "well this is good, because hayden likes her and she feels the same way. also im pretty sure she's faking her relationship with mandla." she added.
"i mean, i do too. i thought mandla was gay.." annie said unsure.

"ME TOO!" kenzie said jumping up out of her seat shouting.
"LITERALLY THO!! OUR MINDS!" annie said doing the same and making a '>' sign with her hands.
"OH MY GAWD" kenzie continued shouting.
"WE GOTTA GET THEM TOGETHER" annie said also still shouting, they were basically going back and forth at this point.

"HOW?"
"I DONT KNOW I GOTTA THINK"
"OH I GOT IT FOR HIS VIDEO HE CAN DO A Q AND A"
"WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING KENZ"
"WELL WE CAN ASK HIM IF HE HAS A CRUSH AND HE'LL SAY YES AND IT'LL GO FROM THERE"
"THAT DOESNT SOLVE THE POSSIBLE FAKE RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM"
"OH YEA FUCK I FORGOT ABOUT THAT"
"WHY ARE WE YELLING"
"I DONT KNOW"
"WE SHOULD STOP"
"I AGREE"
"WHY ARE WE STILL GOING"
"OK OK NOW."

"we still have to figure out something." kenzie said finally not shouting and sitting back down in her seat.
"i could ask carson for some help" annie said doing the same.
"okay that's a step forward." kenzie responded in a kind of relief.

___
(a.n. sorry i haven't updated in so long i just moved recently and it's been a lot but heyyy also i know people are reading because i can see the numbers but plz don't be a ghost reader 🤠)