nineteen.

"hey lauren.. what are you doing here?" hayden said as he opened his front door.
"well ya see, i have to say something." she said walking in and heading towards the living room where she sat on the couch.

hayden closed the door and followed behind her taking a seat beside her.

"so what is it?" hayden asked, the situation giving him deja vu.
"ok.. wow. this is harder than i expected." lauren struggled to let out.
hayden put his hand on her shoulder and tried to grab her attention with his eyes, "hey, you know you can tell me anything right?" also giving a soft reassuring smile.

this caused lauren to soften up. she didn't know how to put it into words so she said the first words that came to mind.
"i like you. a lot." hayden tried to speak but she continued, "no don't say anything, let me finish. i've felt like this for a while now about a year after we moved here i guess. but you were always with kenzie. and that was a thing before i got here so i just kept quiet. and now i'm rambling. but you're so cute, and kind, you make me smile, and laugh, i just like being around you. and i like you."

hayden just sat there with a blank expression on his face so you couldn't really tell what he was thinking but he was in shock.
"ok.. now you can say something. anything." lauren said nervously.

hayden snapped out of whatever trance he was in and kissed her. it was a soft, gentle kiss to let her know that he returned the feelings. he slowly let go and spoke, "i like you too."
which made lauren smile. "a lot." he added trying to mock her making her playfully hit him on the shoulder.

"what about mandla?" hayden asked remembering the instagram post.
"i only did that to make you jealous." lauren said while blushing.
"it worked." hayden said giving her a sly smirk, pulling her back into a more passionate kiss.
___

johnny wanted to make things right with kenzie. but really the ball was in her court.. he just had to let her know that.

johnny: hey kenzie

mackenzie: hey?

johnny: how are you?

mackenzie: how am i? really? we're gonna pretend like we are all good?

johnny: i mean..
i had to start the conversation some way.

mackenzie: what

johnny: i wanna talk

mackenzie: about?

johnny: us.
i miss you
and i understand that you wanted time to figure things out but we shouldn't have to stop speaking in the process.

mackenzie: you're right
How aRe yoU? 🤪

johnny: i'm good
tca's are in two days can you believe it

mackenzie: ikrrr
it feels like yesterday we were all at my house trying to figure out a name for the channel and now it's been like a month and a half.

johnny: dhshdhd
and we got supporters quickly

mackenzie: things we did: THAT.

johnny: im glad we are talking again

mackenzie: me too

johnny: well it's late
i'll talk to u tmmr

mackenzie: kk gn 🤧

johnny: gn 🙃

mackenzie: johnny?

johnny: huh?

mackenzie: i missed you too.

johnny: 😁

kenzie and johnny still weren't at the point they both wanted to be but for the moment they felt better than how they felt beforehand.

___
(a.n. short part/chapter because im trying to stretch it anyways stream breakaway by lennon stella 😅)