Chapter 2

"Um, Daisy, are you sure your friend lives here?"

Toadette stared up at the wide mansion that stood in front of them in awe, along with tall Rosalina. Daisy and Luigi just brushed it off, and Daisy pranced up to their door, knocking excitedly.

Finally. Daisy could see Peach. It had taken her forever just to see her best friend- and after finding out that her imprisonment was a hoax, she had been longing to see her for forever. It had been the main reason she'd wanted to leave the Comet Observatory so badly after the true nature of the prison had been revealed to her. Now, her dream could become reality.

The door swung open, revealing the blonde that Daisy had been looking for. The girl's wide blue eyes stared in disbelief, as she dropped the brush in her hand in order to give Daisy a huge hug. The girl was dressed in a simple pink gown, indicating that she had been getting ready to leave- but those plans had been canceled as soon as Daisy and the rest of the crew showed up. When Peach looked up and saw Luigi, she smiled and ushered him into the group hug. Upon noticing the other two strangers who busied themselves awkwardly, she ended the hug.

"I can't believe you all are here," Peach blinked rapidly, as if expecting them to disappear. Stepping out of the doorway, she gestured into her house, grabbing her brush. "Come, come in! My grandfather won't mind! We've got plenty of rooms."

"Thank you so much... you're okay with these two staying with you, right?" Daisy clarified with her friend, glancing to Rosalina and Toadette who were still admiring their elegant surroundings. The mansion itself was white, with red decor and not a single piece of furniture was out of line. The walls remained untarnished and the windows so clear that someone could see their reflection through them. It was a massive upgrade from the prison they'd become so accustomed to. "Oh, silly me. The blonde one is Rosalina, and this is Toadette."

"Welcome to the Mushroom Kingdom," Peach smiled warmly, leading everyone upstairs. Similarly to the rest of the house, the stairs were a brilliant white with golden lining. Pictures of Peach and an older gentlemen lined the halls along with paintings of landscapes. "Where are my manners... I'm Peach Toadstool. Yes, they're allowed to stay with me. Will you be staying here as well? I hope so."

"Yes, but I need to visit my family first," Daisy said, relieved that Peach had actually agreed- not that she had doubted her best friend at any moment. "Once they get settled, I'll be off. I'll come back, I promise."

"That sounds good to me!" Peach grinned, and then stared at Daisy's accomplices as if she was observing them. Immediately, Rosalina felt uncomfortable under her stare, and Toadette glared at Peach as she did so. Upon noticing their reactions, Peach apologized. "Pardon. Here, sit! I'll bring food. I'm sure you all must be starving. Sit, sit!"

The blonde haired girl disappeared into another room, leaving the two older females to gape. Daisy giggled at the sight, while Luigi stared dejectedly at the edge of the sofa.

"I know that this is crazy," Daisy began, her blue eyes sparkling with excitement. Peach's lifestyle was rather excessive, but she wasn't a mean spirited girl because of it. Peach was extremely kindhearted, despite her status. "But I hope you all will judge Peach off of her personality, not all of...this."

"It's...extravagant," Rosalina continued to glance around, not used to anything so unnecessarily decorated. She'd grown up in a small house with her mother, and lived the rest of her life in the Comet Observatory. "Peach will have my utmost respect."

"She seems like a good person," Toadette warily said, wanting to satisfy Daisy's worries, but she did make sure her own suspicions were well known. She stared at Daisy to judge the girl's response. "But you're sure she won't rat us out?"

"Positive."

"Very well," Toadette nodded, averting her eyes back to the ornate decorations around her. "Then I shall trust her as well."

"I'm back!" Peach returned before anyone could say anything else, her blonde hair now pulled up into a ponytail. As promised, she had brought food on a tray. While they were only sandwiches to start, the bread looked rich and she had also brought a basket of fruit, which all looked incredibly ripe. Daisy's mouth watered as she grabbed an apple as soon as Peach sat it down, and Luigi took a sandwich. The rest were more wary, until Peach gestured to the food. "Please, eat. It would be my pleasure."

"If you insist."

It was a nice breather to be able to eat in Peach's extravagant household, but it was exactly that. Just a breather, for more to come. They couldn't catch a break.

After all, the story didn't end with the prison.

hey everyone! i'm so sorry for the slow updates...

question of the chapter: how do you feel about this situation?

thanks for reading!