Chapter 6

"I'm sorry, Peach. I have to leave, it's for your safety."

Daisy reluctantly hugged her friend, not wanting to let go. Rosalina, and Toadette stood beside her awkwardly since they didn't really know the girl. They were grateful that Peach had offered to take them in.

"I know you have to leave," Peach whispered, upset. She'd just been reunited with her dear friend, and now she had to go on the run again. Peach really didn't want to separate from Daisy. "But it...It is just not fair!"

"I know, I know," Daisy patted her on the back soothingly, not wanting to let go. They just enjoyed the comfort of each other's embrace, glad that they had at least seen each other. "It's for the best, Peach. I'll see you soon, I promise..."

"...You can't promise that," Peach said somberly. Then her expression hardened, and she let go of Daisy. "...I'm coming with you."

"WHAT!?" Daisy exclaimed, her blue eyes widening in shock. "No, Peach, you can't! It's too dangerous-"

"I'm not afraid. You're being hunted down, and you're my best friend. I'm not going to abandon you. Besides, my name has quite a bit of power," Peach tried to appeal to the rational side of Daisy. "No one is going to say no to me...Not to sound egotistical."

"Even if you're running away with a fugitive?"

"They wouldn't know that," Peach told her, extremely serious about what she was saying. "C'mon, Daisy. I can't bear to be away from you...I can help! Please, let me come with you."

"Ah...I don't know," Daisy hesitated, and then she shook her head from side to side. Adamantly, she began to prepare her speech about having to leave Peach behind, when Peach began bawling. Frantically, Daisy began trying to reassure her. "No, Peach, don't cry. It's going to be ok-"

"H-H-How is is supposed to be okay!? Y-You're leaving again!" Peach whimpered, and she turned on her puppy dog eyes in order to plead with her. "I just want to stay with you, please..."

"Peach-"

"I won't be a bother, I promise!" 

"Peach, you can't stay!" Daisy shouted, making Rosalina and Luigi wince slightly. Remembering that she had an audience, she cleared her voice. She was about to tell her no once again, when she looked at Peach. The blonde girl was near tears, begging her to stay. "...Okay, fine."

"YES!" Peach immediately brightened up, her teary-eyed state immediately disappearing. "I've got to go pack my stuff! Don't worry, I won't bring much!"

She dashed upstairs, and they all exchanged glances.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Toadette asked, bewildered that Daisy had actually gave into Peach's pleas. "We will be putting her in danger. She could face legal punishment."

"...I couldn't say no to her," Daisy admitted. "She knows how to take care of herself. Besides, she's right. We need her authority. My family has a lot of money, but lacks respect ever since...Well, you know."

"We can't put her in danger, Daisy. Are you crazy?" Luigi burst out, unable to contain himself any longer. He thought she was being
completely irrational. There were Enforcers after them, and she wanted to bring along Peach, a normal human? It didn't make sense to him.

"As a matter of fact, I'm insane," Daisy said dryly, disapproving of Luigi's disapproval. "Like it or not, we need her."

"Daisy, I know she's like a sister, but...Are you willing to put her in danger like this? Peach is my friend too," Luigi crossed his arms, worried for his friends. "If anything happens to her, it will be our fault."

"I'll protect her. We all will," Daisy responded firmly, unwilling to back down. "We need be authority, even if we don't like it. Our faces are plastered everywhere."

"Okay! I'm ready!" Peach announced, a bag slung over her shoulder. She still wore her elegant gown, and she blushed slightly. "Look, I tried to change, but...I figured that people would recognize me like this better."

"Yes, you're right," Daisy nodded. "Okay, is everyone ready? It's time to finally go."

They all looked around, confirming their resolve.

"Yes. I'm ready."

so sorry for slow updates..

thanks for reading!