Chapter 8

"Um, what the hell is that?"

After settling at a cheap motel about two hours away from the Mushroom Kingdom, Peach had gone out to go buy ample supplies. Unwilling to let her go alone, Daisy and Rosalina had gone along with her as the others settled into the motel. They were walking to the market when they saw a large line and a ton of security guards. Immediately, Rosalina stopped floating and her feet touched the ground for the first time in a year.

"I have no idea," Peach whispered, subconsciously clinging onto Daisy's arm. "Maybe some sort of security?"

"They're going to try and find me," Daisy panicked, thinking of her birthmark on her shoulder. "Oh, shit."

"They are only visibly inspecting everyone," Peach pointed out, glancing at the people before them. "They're not making them strip or anything...You should be okay. As long as you can't see it..."

"Mine..." Rosalina held her right hand, hiding the star birthmark. "I...I should leave.."

As they attempted to turn around, a guard noticed and began to yell. The security guards had white helmets on, the rest of their uniform blank as well. While white was generally a pure color, Daisy knew that being captured by them would result in a bloody fight. Meanwhile, all Rosalina could picture was their white uniforms splattered with crimson, sticky blood.

"Hey, get back in line! The Enforcers have ordered the organization of these security checks. Once you're done, you can go back the way you came."

Reluctant, the three females stepped back into line. They were nearing the front of the line, much to their panic.

"W-What...Do we do?" Rosalina tensed up, ready to use her powers on a moments whim. "I don't...want t-to have to harm anyone..."

"...Here, wear these," Peach quickly peeled off her long white gloves. "They can't make you take anything off, so just wear these, okay?"

"T-T-Thank you," Rosalina hesitantly placed them on her arms, under the long sleeves of her gown. "Thank you very much.."

"Do not worry about it."

"NEXT!"

The three females stepped up, and the guards inspected them discreetly. If they weren't well informed on the issue, then they would have just thought that the security was stupid like everyone else around them. Instead, they held their breaths and prayed they didn't notice anything strange.

"Identification?" One of the guards asked, and Rosalina and Daisy glanced at each other in slight fear. Smoothly, Peach pulled out her card.

"Peach Toadstool," Peach provided, holding her chin high. "I presume you recognize me, correct? I demand to know why I have to show my identification when all I am trying to do is shop."

"S-Sorry, Miss. Toadstool," The guard apologized. "We've been issued to check everyone. I can't disclose much more information than that."

"Then you'll allow me to pass with my friends, yes?" Peach smiled sweetly. "I promised I'd pay, so they didn't bring anything.."

"Yes, that's fine. Once this gets out on the news though, everyone will be expected to carry identification," The guard told her, and the three girls passed through.

"That was scary," Daisy let out a breath, laughing slightly. "Alright Peach, it's a good thing we brought you here. We wouldn't have been able to make it through without you-"

"-Wait, Daisy," Rosalina suddenly interrupted her, fear present in her voice. "Duck!"

Confused, Daisy did so. A small axe went flying through the air, sticking itself into the tree behind the orange clad female. As she looked to where the axe came from, a girl with dark purple hair tucked into a neat braid and a provocative outfit narrowed her eyes at them.

"Daisy Sarasa. You're under arrest."

hey everyone! spot the pun/word play that happened in this chapter for a digital hug.

who is that girl?

thanks for reading!