Chapter 5

"This is the Comet Observatory?"

The Enforcers stared judgmentally at the long deserted place. The gate had been wide open, and they had just stepped in easily. The building walls were gray and run down, with peeling paint and a lack of windows. The Comet Observatory was deceptively big, taking the shape of a large circle with a tower on top.

"Yes. Let's go in, we're wasting time."

The six Enforcers walked in, looking around in distaste. Blood was splattered across the once baby blue walls, bodies splayed around the room once they stepped in. The smell of rotting corpses filled the room, instantly making them gag and cover their noses. Eden, however, was unfazed and walked further into the room. The other followed much more hesitantly.

"Some prison," Arden muttered as they passed three specific corpses. One had bright blonde hair with bunny ears atop her head, her once purple eyes staring into the ceiling blankly. Another girl had darker skin and brown hair, her whips laying at her sides uselessly. The last dead body was a brown haired girl with her hair in pigtails. Arden carelessly kicked over the last girl's hand, placing her hands on her hips. "Wonder if we'll find any monsters left around here."

"Doubtful."

"Hold," Eden held out her hand to stop her fellow Enforcers from walking any further. Without another word, Eden advanced slowly and kicked down the doors.

Glass shards were scattered across the floor, pieces of something golden mixed along with them. A large pile of blood stained the floor, a trail of blood leading out of the room.

"Nothing in here," Reina announced. "What should we do?"

"Follow the tracks," Eden said without hesitating. She carefully followed the blood trails, leading to a room full of millions of screens. All of the rooms in the screens were empty, but a blood trail continued. It went to a shelf and then out another door. They followed the trail, coming to a dim tunnel with white doors at the end. As Eden opened the doors, they found themselves in the arena where they'd captured their blue haired specimen.

"The tracks end here..." Charity pointed out, crossing her arms. Her blue eyes narrowed, knowing that they were missing something. "Edie? When we got here, the blue haired one was sobbing over a body. There's... No longer a body."

"Oh, you're right!" Samara nodded, placing her finger on her lip as she thought. "Corpses don't just disappear, do they?"

"No. There's some conclusions to be drawn here...We're missing something. This person could have died right here. But I don't think so," Eden frowned. She never looked at things on the surface. "I think that our person was looking for something... or someone."

"That would make sense," Faith nodded, turning to look at the trail of blood. "...They came from the camera room, and found something here."

"Our person found the blue haired one?" Samara asked, and then shook her head as soon as she said it. "Wait, never mind. These tracks weren't here before."

"Exactly. This trail led to the corpse that had been here before," Eden deduced, narrowing her green eyes in concentration. "But neither of them are here. What could we be missing?"

"The corpse had red hair. Wore black and red," Reina noted, remembering the day that they'd first barged into the Comet Observatory.

"Perhaps we should take a look at that control room," Charity suggested. "I'm sure there are files of this redheaded person."

"Of everyone else as well," Eden nodded. "Good idea. With luck, we'll find the name of our blue haired one as well."

They backtracked back into the control room, immediately heading to the large shelf. What seemed like millions of folders were shoved into it, the shelves almost falling under the pressure. They were labeled alphabetically. Arden grabbed one from the 'K' section, immediately frowning and shoving it back in.

"Bowser Koopa. It's by last name. How are we ever supposed to find this mystery person?" Arden crossed her arms. She didn't want to spend her time looking through files, that wasn't exhilarating.

"We better get looking," Reina said before Eden could reply. Arden scowled slightly, but knew she didn't have a choice. The six Enforcers searches the shelf diligently.

"Aha!" Samara triumphantly flopped through a file that had been in the 'P' section. A blue haired girl struck a pose at the camera, smiling wildly and maniacally. She had blue eyes, but was most recognizable by the large raindrop atop her head. "Saiko Paath 'Insanity Incarnate' ...Huh. 'Wields a scythe, is a warden. Dubbed 'Bloody Hell' alongside Kaira Reiko."

"Check the 'R' section."

"So her name is psychopath," Charity laughed, a malicious smile playing on her lips. "Her parents must not have loved her."

"There's no Reiko in here," Faith shook her head in annoyance after searching the entire 'R' section and finding nothing. "The file isn't here."

"I haven't seen a single redheaded fool either," Arden complained. "Whoever that body was, I don't think their file is here."

"Perhaps our missing person is indeed whoever 'Kaira Reiko' is. If you recall, our specimen did call out for someone named Kaira," Eden narrowed her eyes in concentration. She was going to continue speaking, but her phone rang. Pulling it to her ear, she listened intently. "Oh, is that so? Noted."

She hung up, a smirk playing on her lips.

"I've just been informed that ten people were found dead in the streets. One witness, who claimed one thing."

"What???"

"A supposed savior is arising."

sososososo sorry about the slow updates.   :( i really love this book and storyline so i'm sorry it's taking forever

favorite/least favorite enforcer?

thanks for reading!