Chapter 3

"Hey look, I'm back from jail!"

Daisy nervously twiddled her thumbs as she walked from Peach's giant mansion to her own home. She herself had quite a bit of money to her name, so their houses weren't far from each other. That was the thing with rich neighborhoods, she supposed. Luigi had quite awhile to go as he wasn't exactly rich or anywhere close to it, but they lived in opposite directions. The closeness of their houses used to be a wonderful tool, great for when they had wanted to have play dates or hang out when they got older. But now it left Daisy with less time to think of a way to greet her family.

"No, that's terrible!" Daisy muttered under her breath quietly, taking a deep breath. While it may have seemed like a trivial thing to be worried about, Daisy wasn't quite sure how to tell her family that she'd broken free from a prison that hosted death regularly. "How about... No, that's stupid. How do I tell my family I escaped prison?"

Finally, she made her way to the door of her white mansion. Orange accents were all over the front and the grass was still green, the flowers still in bloom. When she'd been at Peach's, she'd discovered that it was August 30th. Gulping, she knocked on her front door.

The door opened gradually, revealing a woman with brown hair that could have been mistaken for orange pulled into a bun. Her blue eyes were tired and she was dressed in yellow. Lily Sarasa was a beautiful woman who's traits had passed onto Daisy herself, but she looked tired and dead in the moment. Daisy was so worried of her reaction, she didn't know what to say. She'd been put into prison. Would her mother force her to go back? This could have been a mistake...

"How may I help you- Wait... D-D-Daisy?" Her mother's eye's widened, and everything Daisy was planning on saying left her mind. All she could do was gape as they stared at each other, and then in the next moment, she was in her mother's embrace. She sniffed, wrapping her arms around Lily as she began to sob.

"M-m-mom," Daisy wasn't even ashamed of her open sadness. She'd shoplifted and been put into prison from her mother's perspective. Now her mom could learn the truth. "I-I-I'm so happy..."

"Yes... Everything is going to be alright."

<><><>

"What was the Comet Observatory really about?"

Silence.

"I asked you a question! What was the Comet Observatory for?"

A high pitched scream ran through the room, audible to the ones watching as Charity fired her gun at the blue haired psychopath. Immediately, electricity flew through Saiko's body, screams emitting from the poor girl. She was gasping, panting as the shocks faded, her body trembling.

"Does that persuade you?"

When no answer emerged, the gun was fired once again. Her screams got louder, her body jolting in her chair. As they ended, she gasped and shivered. Blinking her eyes quickly to deal with the pain, Saiko could only sit there and bear with the excruciating pain.

She could have escaped, she could have. But Saiko thought she deserved this. This was her punishment for killing her beloved. She'd be tortured and punished, but the pain would never feel as bad as when she'd shot her.

That being said, her body screamed of pain as Charity kept shooting her again, and again, and again...

"K-Kaira, h-h-help-" Saiko weakly murmured under her breath, catching all of the Enforcer's attention. Not realizing that they were listening intently, she saw her mistake in what she said. "W-wait, n-not K-Kaira...y-you h-hated Kaira..."

She fell silent, her muttering ending as she continued to tremble in fear and pain, Charity stepping away. Turning around, the white haired woman gracefully stepped out of the room and back into the observers room. The Enforcer's faces were grim as she headed back to them.

"It seems that a trip back to the Comet Observatory really is necessary," Eden sighed, her green eyes calculating as she continued to
observe the pained girl. "We must find out who Kaira is, and what her importance is."

hey everyone. the chapters a little bit under... oops. well anyways i have a little surprise that has nothing to do with the story, but i drew something and thought it deserved a storyline... idk what book to post it to tho. lemme know?

so yea

question of the chapter: what will they find at the observatory?

thanks for reading!