Chapter 8

WHY?

I finish watching all my YouTube but I still ponder about home. Why? I ask myself. Why did I pick a rich YouTuber who I barely know over my loving family? What have I done?

My eyes begin to sting as the tears build up, but i quickly pull them back and realise I need to stop being a baby and make the most of my time, by finding more about my mother and doing what she would have wanted me to do. I lift myself out of bed and head over to the dresser and really cute vanity area. I decided that I might as well get done and look cute for the rest of the day. I start by washing out my very oily face and then I apply some cleansing gel.  I then apply some foundation, concealer and a bunch of other products that probably aren't the best  for my face but I wear it anyway. After my make up I decide that I need to change into something nice, but then I realise that I haven't unpacked!!

It has been almost an hour now and I have manged to unpack my biggest suitcase into my cupboard. I throw on some skinny denim jeans and put my read and black cube patterned shirt on, and tie it up in the front. I put my hair into a high bun and lastly I throw on my famous ankle black tekkies.

I grab my phone and slip it into my back pocket as I head out of my room. I go into the kitchen and see Eva outside with Hanelay, waiting for her to poop.  Brent is so pre occupied with the TV that he doesn't even notice me walk in.

I walk over to the couch opposite from Brent and then he finally says, " Oh Hey, Cheryl." and gives me a friendly wave. I smile back and give a shy wave. I put my hand back down and slide them shyly under my legs.

I watch the TV just as Brent is and then Eva walks in and greets me so sweetly. I get up and we hug, It feels good, it feels like home. I sit back down and Hanelay jumps up next to me and sniffs my face then lays down next to me. I pet her gently as she stretches her paws.  Eva walks past and gives Hanelay another stroke, smiles and then flopps down next to Brent. She lowers the volume on the TV and then asks us,

"Well, what do you guys want to do today?"

"Well actually I was thinking that maybe you guys could do the video for you introducing Cheryl?" Brent replies.

"Umm....I don't know Brent it just seems like it's a bit too early. Like I mean even if we don't post it today or whatever. Cheryl still needs some time to settle in ad adapt to LA."

I nod in agreement and give a slight smile.

"Alright! Yah, I suppose you're right." Brent says, "Well then, Cheryl. Anywhere you would like to visit or explore in particular."

"No not really. Although I do want to meet like other You Tubers that live her, if that's an option of course." I shyly reply.

"Dah....Of course it's an option. Like who wouldn't want to meet LaurDIY and Alex Wassabi, or the Merrell Twins, right?" Eva replies eagerly with a big smile.

I smile at her in agreement and Brent laughs loudly at her.

Then the two of them get up too get done.