14

We arrive at the hospital and see our auntie Trisha and Nana Pat. We leave our cases with them and run to Mum.

When we reach the room she's in, we burst through the door and see her, laying there helplessly. She has bruises and cuts all over her face. 

Me and Simon both burst out crying while holding her hands.

"This is all my fault!"

"How is it?"

"I left her alone with him."

"It wasn't your fault, you didn't know he was going to do this." 

After about 2hours, a doctor walks in. Me and Simon both jump up.

"Is she gonna be ok?" I ask.

"I don't know, Miss Minter. We have done everything we can, its up to her now."

"What? What does that mean? Can someone tell me what that means?!" Simon shouts.

The doctor walks out. I go back and sit with mum. Once again I hold her hand.

"Mum, please wake up. We need you, please don't go." I cry.

"When we get out this hospital, i'm gonna fucking kill him." Simon shouts while breaking down into tears. 

"Wake up, please."

Just as Simons about to say something, he's interrupted by the loud machine.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

We gaze at the screen, seeing the squiggly lines turn to one straight line. I jump out of the chair and yell for help.

"HELP! PLEASE HELP! PLEASE!" 

Loads of doctors burst into the room with even more machines and order us to leave.

"NOOO! MUM!"  

Me and Simon are taken to the waiting room. 

"Simon, what if she doesn't make it?" We both cry in each others arms.

"I don't know." 

More of our family are here now and they are all trying to comfort us. I remain in Simons arms and while we both continue to cry.

When the doctor walks through the doors, Simon and i both jump out of our seats once again.

"Is she ok?" We question.

"She's gonna be ok."

Me and Simon start jumping in the air and crying even more. 

"When can we see her?"

"Whenever. She isn't awake yet, but she should wake up shortly."

"Thank you, doctor."