18

Halfway through the night, Jj approaches me with a massive grin.

"What are you smiling about?" I ask.

"You. You look amazing tonight."

"Thank you, you too."

The conversation continues for another 10-15 minuets. It's ended by Jj's loud voice shouting to everyone to get their attention.

"EVERYBODY FOLLOW ME!"

Everyone follows Jj outside and stands quietly watching him. Jj pulls me and Simon next to him. Si and i look at each other, confused.

"I just want to say how proud i am of these two people. Mimi, Simon, you are both amazing. You have been through so much these past few weeks and you still was able to stay happy. I know a lot has happened with your Mum and everything else, but it will get better eventually. I hope you have a great night tonight as you both really and thoroughly deserve it. Now i know none of you are aware of this but please just look forward and countdown from 20." 

Jj starts the countdown while jumping off the outside table and holding me tight.

"15" Everyone calls.

I look to Jj and smile. What he just did takes guts and for that i am proud.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1."

As the last number is called, bursts of colour beams up in front of my eyes followed by the loud bangs of fireworks exploding. The sight of fireworks is truly beautiful and massively romantic. I grip onto Jj's hand and squeeze it tightly. 

I pull him closer to me and whisper In his ear "Thank you so much, this is wonderful."

We both exchange smiles and share the most passionate and affectionate kiss ever. Everything was going perfect.

*1am*

Almost everyone had left and the remainder of the people were Me, Simon, Jj, Ethan, Harry, Vik, Josh, Tobi, Cal, Lux, Sarah, Freya, Gee, Talia, Nia and Steph. Everyone is massively drunk and not all of us had the ability to even stand. Out of nowhere, Simon begins snapping at everyone and getting triggered quickly.

"SIMON CALM DOWN!!"

"Mimi, shut the fuck up!"

"Don't speak to her like that!" Jj interrupts.

"No, I'll speak to her however I want!"

"Simon don't, your drunk!"

"And you're not? See that is typical Mimi though isn't it?"

"What are you on about?"

"Everyone else is always in the wrong. You have such a shit life and you suffer all the time. News flash, your not the one who got abused everyday by your own step dad!"

"Simon please."

"NO! I WAS ALWAYS THE ONE GETTING HURT BY HIM AND HE NEVER DID BECAUSE SHE'S SO PERFECT!"

As he says those words, I instantly start burning up inside. Tears violently stream down my face and what he just said circles my brain. As a result, I drag Simon upstairs into a room where nobody else is.

I sit down Simon and let out all my feelings and emotions that I have had to hold in for so long.

"Simon, You always used to ask me if Matt ever hurt me and I always said he didn't because I knew how angry you would have gotten. But I'm gonna be truthful and tell you, yes he did hurt me, everyday just like with you. I would always stick up for you no matter what the consequence, I hated being hurt by him but I hated seeing how upset you was even more. I love you Simon, I wish everything was different, neither of us deserved to suffer as much as we did."

"Mimi, i'm so sorry. I didn't know, you should have told me!" Simon apologises as he reaches to hold my hand.I can see the guilt and regret in Simon's face.

We share a hug, crying into each others arms.