19

Today is the day we go to court to discuss the Matt situation. My nerves are full of fear as this day determines how long Matt will spend in prison. Hopefully forever, but whatever happens, happens. 

When we arrive at the court, we are greeted by a short, ginger haired woman. Her name was Megan. Megan explained everything that was going to happen and how everything works.

"You will be called up one by one to explain your side of the story. Try and answer as many questions as you can, the best you can. Try to ignore everyone else sat in the courtroom."

Sat in the courtroom, I see Matt sat there like it's nothing. His smug look reminds me of all the times he used to torture us while still being completely calm. I look to Mum who looks worried for Si and I, then I look to Simon who looks the most nervous he's ever looked. Jj grabs my hand and squeezes it tightly.

"Your gonna be ok Mimi, just tell them absolutely everything about what he's put you through. And just remember, this is where it stops." Jj says, supportively.

"All rise!" says a bailiff.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen, calling the case of Matt Jeremy Davidson verses Jenny Rose Minter, Simon Edward Minter and Emily Caroline Minter. Are both sides ready?" The judge asks.

"Ready for the people, your honour." A guy from Matts side says.

"Ready for the defence, your honour," A guy from our side announces.

Mum was called up first, Simon and I both hugged her and wished her good luck. She walked to the front and looked back at me and Simon with a smile.

"I solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that I will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth."

"Miss Minter, please can you tell us what happened the day you was put in to hospital by alleged Mr Davidson."

"We had a falling out over something petty in which I can't fully remember, however it grew worse as voices started raising and past subjects came into the mix."

"When you say past subjects?"

"He had once before shoved me, I fell into the coffee table and hit my head. He then tried to blame it on my memory and say I fell when really I remember what happened."

"Ok so what happened next?"

"So after that had been brought up, he started getting more and more angry. He raised his hand and slapped me across my face. I tried to slap him back but he caught my arm, he then  pushed me back making me fall the the ground. Still on the ground, he starts continuously punching me in the face. Ive never been more scared." Mum explains while tears run down her face.

After a while of mum being questioned, Simons name was called.

"I solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that I will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth."

"Mr Minter, please explain whats happened with Mr Davidson."

"It all started when I was young. This one day he just snapped and hit me. I guess he enjoyed it because ever since that, he carried on but it got worse and worse."

Simon was so brave, he told the court about everything, the boiling water, the punches, the kicks, everything. I was genuinely so proud of both Simon and mum, they both did it!

My heart sank and my nerves shot up as my name was called. 

"I solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that I will tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth." 

"Miss Minter, as you know, you are the last person to talk. Please tell us your side of what happened."

"Uhh...Umm, I...he...when I was younger..."

"Its ok, take a deep breath."

I took the judges advice and took a massive deep breath, I was now finally able to talk.

"Being a child, you don't know of things like abuse, threats etc. being a child you should not know about things like that. And being a child, you most  certainly shouldn't know what they all feel like. Matt ruined me and Simons childhood completely. I remember Simon coming to tell me what Matt had put him through, hearing them made me so angry and so frustrated. I desperately wanted to tell Simon about how he hurt me too, but matt said he would kill Simon if I told anyone. I needed to someone to talk to, I have all my life. I remember the first time he hit me, I was in genuine shock along with absolute fear. I wish I done something to help myself, but i don't regret not telling anyone. I couldn't sacrifice my brothers life over my own. I love my brother, and the thought of what matt put him through, well it just makes me want to make him pay. I never knew he hurt mum too, I thought he loved her. I might of deserved this from all the bad things I've done, but neither Simon or mum deserves it."

I went more into detail about what he did to me, telling everyone how much of a nasty person matt really is. I go sit back with Jj, Simon, mum and the rest of the family.

"Your honour, the members of this jury find the defendant Mr Matt Patrick Davidson..."

We all have our fingers crossed.

"GUILTY!" the jury announces.

Our side of the court all cheer, its like a weights been lifted of my shoulders. Me, mum and Simon  can finally live a happy and non-abusive life!