Chapter 2

"You see, the world you're going to," Headmaster Vaughn paced around his office, back and forth. "Is full of cripples."

"What?" "There's a world like that?" "Cripples?"

Shouts erupted among the group of students. John wouldn't admit it, but he was pleasantly surprised. This was a refreshing change. A place he wouldn't be mocked, for once! He couldn't wait to go.

"But," said Headmaster Vaughn. " There are Greek gods there. Actually, there's Roman and Egyptian and Norse gods too, but Greek gods are your main focus."

"Gods?" Isen asked, amber eyes gleaming, showing the every bit of a 'Hunter' he was. Always eager for a story to publish, hot off the press.

"Yes," Headmaster Vaughn nodded solemnly. "It'll take an hour for you to get there. In that time, I want you to study and read up on the Greek gods. If you can, the Roman gods too."

"Headmaster," Elaine started nervously, fiddling with her aqua braid. "So we're helping the cripples in the other world?"

"No," Headmaster Vaughn explained. "They are a group of people who stand out from the rest of the cripples. They are the demigods. The books will tell you all." He handed them a tall stack of thick old books.

"Step through that door, and you will be in the other world. The world called Earth."

Hesitantly, they all stepped in, one by one. Looking around curiously, they found themselves to be in an empty void of nothingness, save several chairs and tables floating about.

"Sit down, lean back, and you'll be back in no time!" Headmaster Vaughn's voice echoed faintly through the door and with a jerk, the void started moving forward.

Seraphina slid into a chair beside John. "Well, well, let's start reading, shall we? I want to know about these demigods." John fished out two of the books he had stuffed in his bag. The others also pulled out their books and started flipping through furiously, eating up the information as they went.

Feeling intimidated, John glanced at the first page.

Greek gods

Zeus: God of the sky, lightning, thunder, law, order, justice and the King of the Gods. Brother of Poseidon and Hades.

Poseidon: God of the Sea, earthquakes, storms and horses. Brother of Zeus and Hades.

Hades: God of the Dead and Riches and King of the Underworld. Brother of Poseidon and Zeus.

Apollo: God of music, poetry, art, oracles, archery, plague, medicine, sun and knowledge.

And the list when on and on. There were a billion Greek gods, from the twelve Olympians to the minor gods. At least the Roman gods were mostly the same gods with different names.

Apparently, the demigods are also known as half-bloods, and are a race of beings who are half-mortal, half-god. They possess mortal souls and can die due to injuries and old age, but their godly blood endows them with special abilities that allows them to achieve feats not possible by humans.

So demigods have powers. They'll probably mock me like the others do, John thought sullenly. He flexed his fingers, staring at them hard. The girl with two green braids flashed across his eyes. He bit into his lip, drawing blood. It was necessary to be powerless, to be weak. The powerful are corrupted by their powers, after all.

"Attention! Students, you must NOT reveal that you are from another world immediately. You may use your powers discreetly, and Chiron, the activities director at Camp Half-Blood will help you to cover it up. You can only reveal the truth when the time comes." Headmaster Vaughn face popped out as a hologram from the floor. Startled, the students all scrambled back.

"A camp?" Remi questioned curiously, but Headmaster Vaughn had already disconnected the call.

"Reaching in 1 min!" A robotic voice announced monotonously.

John gathered all his things in a frenzy. His heart was thumping excitedly as the ride screeched to a halt.

It was time to meet the demigods.

Percy And Annabeth will appear in the next chapter! Are you excited? Cos I am! :)