Chapter 13

"Who do you think you are, barging into our cabin like that?" Miranda snarled, pointing at Seraphina. Seraphina just looked back coolly at her, and grabbed Elaine's wrist.

"Let's go," she repeated, and Elaine followed her out of the cabin. Miranda trudged after them, a furious look on her face.

"Where do you think you're going?" Miranda hollered. "Do you think you can leave so easily?" She commanded some plants to wrap around their ankles.

Seraphina looked at the vine winding around her legs, and simply nodded at Remi. Remi smirked and clicked her fingers. Bolts of sizzling electricity shot through the vines and they plopped with big black burns against their usual green onto the ground.

"How..." gaped Miranda. Elaine wanted to laugh. Her ability may be defensive, but she could always count on the Royals to put others in their place. These scum! How dare they even attempt to stop the Ace and the Queen of Wellston Private High School?

"I'm a Daughter of Zeus," Remi flaunted, flicking her long bubblegum hair. Elaine smiled. We're even more superior than you so you should just curl up into a ball and die, Elaine tried to telepathically tell Miranda. She knew the two girls beside her would not approve of her choice of words. And, she had that peaceful demeanour to keep up.

Miranda flushed an angry red, and Elaine could practically see the steam shooting out of her ears. "Katie will hear about it and report this to Chiron!" She waved a furious fist.

"Except Chiron's not here." Seraphina stated factually before closing the cabin door behind her. She whipped around and stared seriously at Remi and Elaine.

"Now, let's discuss." The surroundings around them bled out their vibrant colours and turned a dull lifeless grey. Elaine shuddered. She could never get used to how Seraphina could just make everything stop like that, so easily.

"Discuss what?" Elaine asked curiously. Remi shrugged-she didn't know either. Seraphina swept her magenta hair back with a hand and sighed.

"There's trouble. Headmaster Vaughn contacted me. He said we have to go back now."

"WHAT??!!" Elaine and Remi exclaimed in unison. Their faces were frozen in shock and they gaped incredulously at Seraphina.

"We just got here less than a week ago!" Remi cried in protest. "Our job was to kill some monsters and leave, but we haven't killed any so far!"

Seraphina rubbed her temples and sipped her boba. "Those were Headmaster Vaughn words, not mine. But we should listen to him."

"But that lady! She's here, she's the one from Ember!" Remi blurted out, then covered her mouth like why did I say that?

Seraphina's blue eyes glowed dangerously. "Did you say Ember?"

"I...I..." Remi stuttered, fumbling for words. Elaine looked back and forth between the two Royals, the Ace and the Queen.

"She's from Ember?" Elaine butted in. "Madam Vahni?? Her?"

"Yeah, and she's really powerful. Surely a god tier!"

"Oh Gosh! What should we do?!!" Elaine panicked. Seraphina seemed expressionless, but there was a curve to her lips that showed she was deep in thought.

"I think... I don't know what to think! But a few days ago, Headmaster Vaughn actually Iris-messaged me to tell you guys that the demigods were dangerous and...!" 

"I think that we should leave Camp Half-Blood first," Seraphina said finally. Remi and Elaine could not contain their shock and blurted a loud and incredulous "What?!" at this statement.

"We, as in only us three. Then, we can contact the others via Iris messaging and fill them up with what's going on back home."

"I don't know about this..." Remi replied unsurely. Seraphina shrugged. "Your choice, but I'm going. So that we know more of what's going on in both worlds. For the greater good, you know."

Elaine knew that Seraphina was right, yet she was reluctant to leave this exciting new world. Plus, she had yet to show her superiority to Miranda.

"I guess... I'll go back," Remi decided. She looked longingly at the Zeus cabin, upset that she couldn't keep her promise and meet up with Thalia and her brother.

"Then, I'll go too!" Elaine joined in after a moment hesitation. Seraphina's eyes sparkled and the grey surroundings was filled with colours again.

"Let's go then," Seraphina beckoned to the two. "We'll make up some excuse why the others didn't come. But let's go first."

Elaine and Remi followed Seraphina out of Camp Half-Blood and down the hill. There lay a shimmering portal hidden behind a bush.

"Step in," Seraphina instructed, and the trio once again appeared in a familiar empty void of nothingness, save a few chairs and tables.

"Buckle your seat belt and hold on to the handrails," the robotic voice said monotonously.

But there's no seat belts and handrails? Before Elaine could speak her mind, the void jerked and they were off.