Chapter 11

"Madam Vahni, by now, Chiron would have done..." Annabeth told Madam Vahni, who was sitting on a rocking chair and flipping through the latest Vogue magazine.

"Yeah yeah, just do whatever Chiron would have wanted you guys to do," she waved off the matter with a dismissive hand flap. Then she flipped another page of her fashion magazine.
This time a girl with dark hair and blue eyes grazed the page, sporting a blue denim dress and denim boots, claiming that denim was the IN thing now. Madam Vahni rolled her eyes, tore off that page and burned it to crisp all with the same hand that dismissed Annabeth.

"Haven't you heard me? Why are you still standing here for? GO!" She barked loudly. The scrap of burnt paper dissolved into ashes as she crushed it with her fingers. The ashes landed lightly on the floor in a pile.

Annabeth nodded and walked back to her cabin, not without sending a hateful glance back towards Madam Vahni when she thought Madam Vahni wouldn't notice.

"I could be a better camp activity director than her, and I'm half her age!" Annabeth ranted furiously to Percy. Her boyfriend wrapped an arm around her soothingly.

"Don't let your fatal flaw cloud your thinking," he told her. "But I have to agree, I can't wait for Chiron to be back. But it's just two weeks. No storming up to her and screaming, okay? Why do I have a feeling you will, though?" Percy teased her. "You never listen to me."

Annabeth smiled up at Percy, their noses touching. "I'm the daughter of Athena. You should listen to me, obviously."

"Obviously," Percy smirked and their lips met.

On the other side, unaware of the PDA going on, three bright-haired people peeked out of the bushes beside the Big House.

"Is she doing something suspicious?" whispered Remi, who was on the lookout. Isen used his Hunter ability and zoomed in on Madam Vahni.

"She's reading something," Isen reported.

"Maybe some Ember news. She's probably targeting more superheroes."

Remi's eyes filled up with tears. "Well, I'll stop her!" Headmaster Vaughn was wrong! Demigods are not the threat, that monster is!

"No Remi, wait!" Blyke grabbed her wrist, but she shook him off and stormed up to Madam Vahni.

Isen and Blyke exchanged looks. "Don't be a coward man, I'm not going to let her get hurt again." Blyke stood up, brushed dirt off his pants and chased after Remi.

Isen hesitated for a split second. He was a coward before, and he would not make that mistake again. "Wait up!" He rushed  after them.

Remi stood before Madam Vahni, her hands on her hips, her red eyes narrowed into slits. "I have a problem, Madam Vahni," she stated. "With your choice of reading material."

Madam Vahni smirked. "I know, I know just what you mean. This," raises the Vogue magazine "is utter rubbish. I presume you've read it? Denim is IN this month( Imagine her saying it in a terrible British accent) as if!" She scoffed.

Remi stood, shock-still. "Yes?"

:0

Oops. She wasn't reading some Ember news and targeting superheroes. I'm going to kill Isen! She raged internally.

"Hey!" Blyke caught up with her. "How did it go?" She whirled around not to face him and pouted.

"Hey Remi!" Isen finally joined them, panting for breath. His shirt was soaked with sweat.

"You idiot!" screamed Remi, whacking him on the back, once they were out of hearing distance. "She was reading a Vogue magazine! Not some Ember news!"

"How was I to know that?"Isen protested as he tried to shield himself from the heavy blows that rained down on him. Blyke just stood at one side, smirking in amusement.

"Argh!" She marched off to her cabin. Lightning crackled around her clenched knuckles.

She sent a glare and Isen. "Do not follow me. Because of you, I made a fool of myself! In front of the enemy!"

"Oof. Sad life man," Blyke put a hand on Isen's dejected slumped shoulders. "Should have checked before make assumptions."

"Aw, shut up."

Blyke and Isen made their way back to the Hermes cabin, as Madam Vahni could not be bothered to plan any activities for them. Some camp activity director, huh.

"Hey girl, you sure have some shiny fingers." Remi raised her eyes and met stormy blue ones. A girl with spiky black hair and a curious expression towered above her.

Remi raised her fist, the lightning static disappearing. "What are you talking about?" She blinked her eyes innocently.

Thalia grinned. "You're the new Zeus kid, huh? Guess what? I'm Zeus' Daughter too!"

Remi plastered a big smile, but her insides were squirming. She was not a Daughter of Zeus! But what could she say?

"I have a brother, Jason, and he's a Son of Jupiter! We three should get together some time, and have some fun with our powers! Wat do ya say?" Thalia asked.

"Um, okay..." agreed Remi hesitantly. Headmaster Vaughn, no matter how strange his words meant to her, was known for his wit. Should she disobey him? She was the Queen... but then again, she was just a sub for Seraphina. Seraphina was the real Queen of Wellston...

"Is that a definite yes or a reluctant one?" Thalia teased, already excited at the prospect of a sister.

A grin made its was onto Remi's face. What's life without danger?

"A definite yes," Remi agreed.

Ooh, Remi, becoming a rebel already? Hehehehe! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I'm updating faster these few days cause I've been struck with a bolt of inspiration:) And Madam Vahni is such a mood. LOL