Chapter 18...sorta

Back to the actual story...

John was still stuck in the underwater palace. He was feeling hungry, his stomach growled a few times to prove that, but nothing would make those weird merguards budge. They wouldn't give him food or drinks, not that he needed water. He had been standing outside the throne room for what felt like hours, with no sign or indication whatsoever to go in. He was so bored.

Dear Readers,

I thank you with all my heart for reading this fanfiction! I was really surprised that this story hit 7 thousand reads, something I had never dreamed would ever happen. I am extremely grateful to all of you wonderful people, who have read Percy Jackson and UnOrdinary and decided to give my fanfiction a chance. They are both amazing stories and I hope all of you have been keeping up with their latest books and chapters!

I am very sorry to announce that this fanfiction has ended. When I first wrote Chapter 17, it was intended as a joke and I would continue on with the original plot. However, a bunch of stuff happened, nothing serious, but I found that I have lost the drive and passion I had for the storyline and where it was going. (Quite obvious if you read the small part I had tried to write before I just gave up.) Because I was so happy with the number of reads my story was getting, I was rushing to update as often as I could, straying from the original plot and basically not enjoying the whole process of writing.

I am super apologetic about this whole thing. If I ever start another story, I would probably be 5 chapters ahead whenever I update so I don't feel like I need to update all the time or I would be disappointing my readers. Which I am currently doing, and I'm so so sorry guys! Whenever I see those incomplete stories on Wattpad, I used to be all "Why can't they just update? How can someone leave readers hanging because they just lost inspiration?!!" I wanted to be a writer who actually finished my stories. And here I am now.

I hope all of you find other great stories on Wattpad to read, and thank you for reading my fanfiction! If you ever start writing your own stories, please don't be like me. Share your stories so people can enjoy it, but remember to write for yourself, not to please others or to get reads. That is what I believe is the key to finishing a story. Write for yourself first, and if people enjoy it, that's a bonus. Be patient and don't lose momentum. Set a time just for writing, maybe every other Tuesday. Learn from failures and keep going, keep creating amazing stories!

Thank you, thank you, to my awesome readers!

The End.