Chapter 7

Remi plonked the compact mirror into a glass of water, watching as the sunlight hit it, forming a perfect rainbow.

"O Iris, goddess of the rainbow, please accept my offering," she tossed a golden drachma and it disappeared into the mist.

"Show me Headmaster Vaughn," Remi commanded.

Headmaster Vaughn appeared in the mist, seeming concentrated in some work or other. His brow was beaded with sweat, and he was furiously scribbling away.

"Headmaster Vaughn!" Remi called loudly. His head shot up, a panicked expression on his face, which smoothed into his usual calm exterior once he saw Remi.

"Yes Remi, can I help you?" He asked.

Remi crossed her arms. "You asked me to contact you through Iris messaging. What can I do for you, Headmaster?"

"Oh yes, yes," Headmaster Vaughn shuffled the papers on his desk and shoved them into a drawer. Remi felt a twinge of suspicion but brushed it off.

"So...?"

Headmaster Vaughn laced his fingers together and cleared his throat. "I wanted to ask you to do something for me."

Remi was starting to get wary. What wasn't he telling her?

"You are the Queen, and you have influence," Headmaster Vaughn said. "I need you to convince the other students that demigods are dangerous. Tell them to destroy some monsters and stuff and leave Camp Half Blood as quickly as possible."

Remi couldn't believe her ears. "What? Could you repeat that again, Headmaster?"

"There's some foul play going on," He said hurriedly. "They might make you stay longer than necessary, to do things that you are not supposed to be involved in."

"Yet...I owe Chiron a favour, and I have to keep my words. If those from the Roman camp come, just...just ignore them. Don't draw attention."

Remi could not help feeling confused, but nodded anyways. Other than Drew, everyone was really nice. Like Annabeth and Percy and some other demigods whose names she couldn't remember. Except for that weird shooting competition by Apollo cabin, nothing the demigods did had ever showed threatening signs.

"Dangerous?" She inquired, red eyes sparkling curiously.

Headmaster Vaughn looked solemn. "I have to go now. Remember to pass on the message!"

"But..." Remi couldn't manage more than a word before he swiped a hand through the mist and disconnected the Iris message.

Remi pressed a hand to her forehead, pink hair whipping around her. What should she do? If she told the others, they might panic. They might actually listen to Headmaster Vaughn ridiculous proclamation that the demigods were dangerous.

"It's better to keep it quiet...for only me to worry. Why should I burden the others? This is how a true Queen thinks," Remi muttered to herself as she exited her deserted cabin, picking up pace as she walked. Her stomach was growling for dinner, which she was late to because of the IM.

Keep it quiet, she decided. No point making them worry after all...

UnOrdinary fanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara