Chapter 12

"Katie Gardener."

"Ooh, hi! I'm Elaine!" Elaine introduced herself. Katie had brown hair and green eyes, with a warm friendly smile.

"So, you're the new girl? Let's see what you can do, okay?"

Elaine started getting nervous. She couldn't actually control plants, she could only heal! What could she do?

Katie gripped at the air, and a poppy shot out of the ground, flowers blooming and petals a bright crimson.

"Can you bring this back to earth and scatter the seeds?"

Elaine bit her lip. I don't know how! She wanted to scream. She hesitantly placed a hand above the poppy.

Nothing happened. Elaine tried again, willing the poppy to spurt out seeds or something. No response. She tugged at her aqua braid nervously, a frustrated look on her face.

"Well, I guess you're better at something else," Katie comforted, but her face fell. So Katie thought she was useless? She was the best healer in Wellston Private High School! How dare Katie look down on her!

Elaine felt like slamming her face into the wall, but she took in a deep breath, controlling herself. Katie thought herself the best, being able to control plants or whatsoever, but Elaine was way more powerful! She could heal people! Unlike making stupid poppies dance or whatever!

Katie smiled, a smile that curled upon smug, and Elaine wanted to kick her all the way to...what did they call it again? Tartarus?

Katie walked her out the cabin to tend to the strawberry fields, when her mouth dropped open. Elaine couldn't help but mimic her shocked expression.

"What the..." The cabin was covered with chocolate bunnies, instead of the flowery vines which lay chopped up on the ground.

Katie saw red. "STOLLS!" She screeched, marching towards the Hermes cabin. Elaine felt amused, following Katie for her own personal entertainment.

Katie all but practically broke down the Hermes cabin's door, which splintered under her feet as she stomped, with a great fury. Elaine shuffled after her, wondering who the Stolls were.

"Oh hey Katie! Wassup?" A curly-haired boy grinned whilst lying, faced up on his bed. Another boy, with the same curly brown locks and mischievous blue eyes plopped down on a wooden stool and gave the same nervous grin.

"What's up? WHAT'S UP?!!" Katie all but fumed. She charged at the two identical boys in fury, chasing them around the camp. Elaine stared in wide-eyed fascination. Had that girl no self-control? How could she lose her temper so easily over some small thing?

"Yo, Elaine!" She spun around. A crimson haired boy smirked up at her, a boy with orange locks beside him.

"Blyke. Isen," she acknowledged. Then, with an inkling suspicion creeping up her spine, Elaine asked, "Were you involved in that incident?"

"Of course not!" They denied in unison. That made Elaine even more suspicious.

"Are you sure?" She questioned yet again.

"What, you don't believe us?" Isen blinked innocently. "We are the most truthful people in this cabin."

"So funny," Elaine said dryly. An idea hit her like a cannonball. She specialised in healing, so what if she healed the dead vines that were previously chopped up? Would that not impress her cabin mates?

Elaine muttered an excuse and slipped out of the Hermes cabin. She sneaked back to her cabin and pressed a palm into one of the dead vines lying dead and lifeless in the floor. Her eyes glinted, flashing up. The vines immediately sprang back to life, twisting, curling, weaving itself across the wooden planks of the cabin.

"This is real talent, unlike your stupid plant games," Elaine murmured under her breath. "I will show you demigods why us newcomers are superior to you weak half bloods."

"Elaine? Whatcha doing out there?" Miranda called from inside the cabin. Elaine wanted to snarl in anger-who was this interrupting her? Miranda raised an eyebrow at her.

"Well, Elaine? What are you doing to the plants? Are you...hurting them?" Miranda accused.

"No!" Elaine yelled immediately, shock at this preposterous conclusion. "Of course not!" Elaine stared at the ground where several vines were limp, still unhealed.

"Then why are those vines dead? I know no one in this cabin would ever hurt those plants. Who else could it be, if not you?"

So she was going to blame me, the newcomer? Elaine clenched her fists. I want to show her what power is, show her who is superior. But...my ability is more defensive than offensive. If only I had powers like Remi...

"It's not me," Elaine straightened up and defended herself. She was from Wellston, and no one, no one, could look down at her and treat her in such a manner.

"Then who can it be?" Miranda challenged. Elaine was tempted to say Katie, but knowing Miranda, she would shoot that option down as Katie was the oh so fabulous "head counselor" of Demeter cabin.

"..." Elaine racked her brains, trying to figure out who those two identical boys were. They had curly brown hair, blue eyes, elvish features, and she could recall everything about them except for their names. Did Katie even mention their names?

"So it was you! See, you're speechless. Which means that it must have been you!" Miranda concluded. Elaine rolled her eyes. Internally, her dislike for Katie turned to hatred for Miranda.

"Nothing to say? You better be guilty," Miranda taunted mockingly. "Wait till Katie hears about this. She goes berserk if the Stolls even touched one of the strawberries without permission."

Aha! The Stolls! Were that who they were? But she couldn't say that it had been them now, as it would seem very obvious that she was trying to push the blame towards them when it was very obviously her. But Elaine would not stand for the infuriating smirk that Miranda wore.

"How would Katie react?" Miranda rubbed her hands gleefully. She reached down and made contact with the vine, closing her eyes and taking in a deep breath. Then, greenish light pulsed slowly into the vine and it very slowly, as though watching a slow motion film, came back to life.

"This is the power of a true child of Demeter. I bet you were jealous of being a weakling and wanted to chop up the vines to spite us!"cawed Miranda. "I guess I can't blame you. After all, not everyone is as talented as me."

Elaine snorted. Miranda took forever to heal one measly vine-she could heal ten times more at the rate Miranda healed plants, plants! Not even humans!

"What are you laughing at?" Miranda squinted at her, squashing her features into one ugly scrunched up face. "You are nothing but a useless piece of trash. All you can do is be an ugly decoration that takes up space in our cabin, and you shouldn't even be staying with us! I can't stand to be in the same room as smelly people as you. You are so lame, unlike us. Unlike me! Blah blah blah..."

Elaine groaned. Her ears were dying! Did nobody care about her ears? But then again, she could heal them herself. Lol.

"...You should have stayed where you were. Or were you kicked out from there? You are the most pathetic excuse for a demigod I have seen. You have no affinity for plants at all. What sort of garbage are you? Yadadadada..."

Just when Elaine's eardrum felt like bursting, a hand patted her shoulder.

"Come, lets talk." Blue eyes stared right into hers. Magenta hair with blonde streaks, and a pink haired girl beside her.

Seraphina. Remi. Thank god.

Elaine could have collapsed with relief.

Did you enjoy this chapter? I feel like I'm repeating this question over and over again...haha! This is from a new POV that I have never written before! Is there any POVs you guys want me to try writing?