Chapter 5

"So, um, this is the Apollo cabin. They're holding some shooting competition today, and it's gonna start soon. You guys can participate, but I'll just watch..." Percy inched away from the targets. Annabeth laughed, recalling his history with arrows.

John has never touched an arrow before, so he shrugged and decided to try anyways. "You trying?" He asked Seraphina.

"Sure, whatever," Seraphina agreed nonchalantly.

"Hey, Arlo!" yelled one of the Apollo kids. "You're gonna join right? We haven't had the chance to see your skills with a bow and arrow yet!"

John was sure Arlo's eyes glowed slightly at the casual addressing. Everyone but the Royals addressed him as the King, after all.

"I rather not," Arlo said stiffly. The group of Apollo kids chuckled heartily.

"You're a son of Apollo, you won't embarrass yourself," shouted one.

"Yeah! Don't be a wimp!" hollered another.

Arlo's gritted his teeth. How dare they call him a wimp? All they did was shoot arrows, play music and learn about medicine. He, unlike them, was the King of Wellston High, the top school at Turf Wars and everything else.

John waited expectantly for Arlo to flare up. However, Arlo merely smiled and agreed to participate.

John was a little surprised. But, did he really expect Arlo to go against Headmaster Vaughn words?

A couple of Apollo kids went first, and they all hit bullseye. Then Isen, with his hunter precise eyesight shot bullseye too. Blyke, with all his laser aiming skills, managed to hit the inner circle. Seraphina managed a bullseye effortlessly, and no one was really surprised. She was not the Ace of Wellston Private High School for nothing, so being multi-talented was a given.

Elaine didn't do really well, but at least managed to hit the target.

Remi sent a bolt of lightning, an almost invisible one that crackled around the arrow, directing it towards the bullseye.

I could do that, John considered. But then, that would bring some attention to him. He was a cripple after all.

John tried. He really did. However, the arrow just wouldn't go where John aimed, and instead somehow flew towards the Hephaestus kid beside him, and countless vulgarities poured out of his mouth as he waved an angry fist at John.

Oops.

Arlo picked up the bow and arrow. John once again expected him to ace it, getting a bullseye. Arlo surprised him, pulling the bow and releasing it, sending the bow flying towards the target and crashing to the floor.

I guess when you're perfect all the time, it becomes an expectation, John mused.

"What the hell, man?!!" shouted an Apollo kid. "Didn't you watch those people before you? You're supposed to shoot the arrow at the target, not the bow!"

Arlo glanced at him then looked away, as though he wasn't worth his time.

Another Apollo kid glared at Arlo, then cleared his throat. "Every year, we have a punishment for those who didn't even hit the target."

John froze. He didn't hit the target, so did the punishment apply to him? He had a feeling the Apollo kids were going to make the punishment worse than usual because of Arlo.

UnOrdinary fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें