Chapter 3

"You have arrived at Camp Half-Blood, Half-Blood Hill, Farm Road, 3.141, Long Island, New York 11954," the flat voice of the robot informed. "Please make your way to the exit door immediately." A door popped into existence, a neon green 'EXIT' sign flashing.

"I can't wait!" squealed Remi excitedly. Her light red eyes sparkled like stars as she hopped out of the door, full of enthusiasm. Blyke shrugged and followed her, knowing if meeting demigods was her next obsession, it'll be better to just let her be. Isen trailed behind, hands in the pockets of his casual jeans.

Arlo stepped out, his blue eyes scanning his surroundings. They were on some sort of hill, and there was a barrier-like thing at the very top.

"Greetings, visitors. I am Chiron, the activities director of Camp Half-Blood," John whirled around and his eyes widened to the size of golf balls. Standing before them was a man...a horse...a man and a horse? John rubbed his eyes in disbelief.

"That's a centaur, John!" Seraphina hissed, elbowing him at his side. "They have the upper body of a human, and the lower body and legs of a horse. Did you not look through the book?"

John rubbed the back of his neck, embarrassed. He briefly glanced through the book but barely remembered anything. At least Seraphina remembered.

"I'm Chiron," the centaur repeated patiently. "Follow me, and keep your heads down. It's better not to draw attention to yourselves." He motioned for them to follow him, his hooves clicking against the ground as he walked.

They all didn't move for a second. Then Arlo strode forward, and the rest followed.

A border protected the camp... a magical border that kept it unseen to mortals' eyes, and protected them from monsters. Arlo was right at home, observing the barrier with fascination. He poked and prodded the strange mystical shield, deciphering the method of creating it in a few seconds.

There was a climbing wall, spurting lava out at the top. That was the first thing that came into sight. Chiron led them to the cabins, right by the Big House.

"The demigods are all training now. Here, I'll split all of you into different cabins. There's one for all of the Olympian gods, and some minor gods."

Chiron pushed a black top hat to them. They stared at it, then Chiron, and then back to the hat.

"Pick a slip of paper. You will be staying in that cabin for the meantime," Chiron explained. "The Fates will decide which cabin is best suited for you."

Arlo reached his hand in and pulled out a slip of paper. His blue eyes slid over the words and snapped back up to Chiron.

"You'll be bunking in the Apollo cabin," Chiron said. Arlo nodded wordlessly as he stood, considering the pros and cons, the gears in his mind already turning.

Seraphina stepped forward next. She picked a slip of paper and twirled it round her fingers. "Aphrodite?" She read. John stifled a laugh, thinking of how she'll survive in the cabin of the goddess of beauty's children. She'll probably be choked with makeup all over her face the next time I see her, John thought mirthfully to himself.

Remi got into Zeus cabin ( No surprise there, she controlled lightning after all ). Blyke and Isen were sent to Hermes cabin, which wasn't unexpected. Elaine practically belonged in Dementer's cabin, with all the healing and growing of plants. They were peaceful people, except for the one time Elaine tried to befriend John before knowing he was a cripple, and sneering in disgust at him after finding out. That was still embedded in John's mind hatefully.

At long last, it was John's turn. He dipped a hand in the hat and his fingers gripped a slip of paper. He pulled it out of the hat...

And hanging to the slip of paper with its two front teeth was a white rabbit.

The rabbit twitched its whiskers and froze under the shocked stares of the people around it. John blinked once, twice. How did a rabbit get in-you know what? Never mind. John brushed off the ridiculous rabbit in the hat issue and his eyes zoomed in on the words written on the tiny bit of paper.

"Hades...?" He trailed off. Hades was the God of the Dead and stuff. He was not emo, just because he has black hair! That's discrimination!

The rabbit undid his shoelaces and chomped on them.

"Interesting...I didn't think Hades would let somebody not a demigod of his bunk in his cabin..." Chiron mused out loud.

John fidgeted nervously. "So I'm bunking alone? I read that Hades didn't have much children..."

"There's someone, but only someone. He'll only come around sometimes though, so you'll mostly have the cabin to yourself," Chiron said thoughtfully. Internally, John was cheering. He valued his privacy after all.

"Chiron? Who are they?" A guy with messy jet black hair and sea green eyes approached from the direction of the climbing wall. A blond-haired girl followed by his side, a curious look on her face as she inspected the guests.

Chiron clapped. "Percy, Annabeth, this are some...visitors. Bring them for a tour, then back to their respective cabins." He showed them a list that wrote which cabin they each belonged to.

Gray eyes studied them intently. "Come, let's go," the blond girl said, turning and walking forward. Arlo frowned, for who was she to give him orders, and reluctantly followed behind her.

Well, well, well. It seems that Arlo doesn't like Annabeth. Will that cause trouble in the future? Stay tune to find out! :)