Chapter 9

"You're a daughter of Zeus," John realised. Thalia ignored him and advanced onto Nico. John shrugged and decided to stay out of it. It was a family matter after all.

"Come here and give me a hug!" She exclaimed, holding her arms out. Nico tried to run but was crushed into a violent hug by his dear cousin.

John watched on, amused. Nico was squirming in discomfort as Thalia smirked evilly.

John wasn't very amused when Thalia turned her piercing gaze onto him, an arm still half strangling Nico.

"Hmmm....who are you?" She asked.

"Um..." John stuttered. "Um...."

Thalia stage-whispered to Nico, "Is he mute?" John huffed and crossed his arms. It wasn't his fault that she was so intimidating!

"I'm John," He introduced.

"Are you a Son of Hades?" She demanded fiercely. "And I thought Hades would be more faithful to Persephone!"

John didn't know how to reply. "Um...I'm...heh heh...um..." he just shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

Thalia eyed him with distrust and suspicion before sweeping off. "GTG, cuz! See ya soon! Don't miss me too much!" She called behind her shoulder.

"I won't," he murmured under his breath. John raised his eyebrow.

"Cousin? She's pretty scary," John told Nico. Nico hummed. "She's crazy. Don't worry bout it. She's probably going to find Percy now. Percy's her favourite cousin after all." Nico said it plainly as though it was a fact, and John felt a pang of pity for the son of Hades.

"Well, you're my favourite cabin mate," he offered. Nico rolled his dark eyes and muttered, "I'm your only cabin mate."

John ran a hand through his unruly ungelled hair. "Oops, I forgot," he grinned cheekily.

Nico shot him an unimpressed look. "Let's go for breakfast now." Nico then proceeded out of the cabin. John followed, hot on his heels, then he froze in his tracks.

He backed away slowly, eyes wide like a goldfish.

"No way..."

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Have fun reading it cos I had fun writing it:)