Chapter 21

"Have fun on your little joyride with my brother?"

Weights clinked in the background of the room, different players shuffling around the large space. The familiar smell of tires ran though my lungs again as I used all the power in my legs to complete a weighted squat, dropping the bar on the ground when I was done.

It had been two days since the fiasco with my family finding me. Though I wouldn't call them a family anymore; more of people with a common genome. No one had tried to reach out to me and thank god my mother hadn't shown up out of nowhere. If anything, I was calm now. I didn't need anything from them and they didn't need me. We were living two separate lives and that was fine. I had my brother and I saw him every week.

Except for this week because apparently my boyfriend had replaced me as Finn Riley's favorite sibling. Yesterday the two had taken a trip up to one of the race tracks in upstate New York with their rich ass cars because when else can you go over two hundred legally? I'm a tomboy and I'm not afraid to admit it, but fast cars? I'm sorry, I just don't understand the appeal. Sylvia did, but I just couldn't. I was only interested in the way a sexy car looked.

"Great actually," Beck quipped, barely missing a beat as he continued his pull-ups without a second glance. "Finn's Porsche 918 is a fucking beauty but my GT will always be the favorite."

I rolled my eyes, backing up to spot Ed on the same bar. "I fucking hate your car. It's the most uncomfortable thing ever," I muttered, my arms ready if Ed started to fall. The almost bleach blonde Polish man finished his lift, taking a deep breath and running his hand though his hair. My gaze shifted to my shirtless boyfriend and the shifting muscles under his skin as his biceps flexed with his lats, pulling his body up and lowering it slowly with ease. He was so fucking sexy, I couldn't even comprehend it.

Beck let go and dropped to his feet, running his fingers through his raven head of hair. I felt like all the guys did that after an exercise, but when Beck did it, it was infinitely more attractive. I was whipped. "Don't you dare insult the beauty that is the Ford GT. It's sexy as fuck, has amazing downforce, and gets five hundred and fifty pounds of torque. You're a disgrace," Beck pointed at me with a mock serious look.

"Mhm," I hummed. "Finn said the same exact thing when I said I don't understand the hype behind the Bugatti Chiron." That's was Beck's father's car and my brother and Beck acted like giddy teenagers looking at the guy they like when they talked about it. They loved to take that car, probably more than their significant others. I'm not offended. It's not like I was replaced my a car.

"I know. He texted me when it happened." My boyfriend was having a romance with my brother. That is what this is.

"Finn might as well get a divorce, you can break up with me, then you two can run off into the sunset together."

"No, Danny," Ed jumped in, changing the plates on the bar for a clean and jerk. "This is when you get married because your brother actually likes your boyfriend for once. When I met my wife's brother? Fucking engagement ring the next day," he exaggerated.

Beck rolled his eyes humorously as Ed straightened to clap him on the back. "You're not marrying the woman. You're marrying the family."

"I'm twenty two, Ed," I reminded him, gripping the warm metal bar and bending my knees. I pulled the bar up with my legs, hitting my thighs as I got under the weights and pushed up through my powerful stance, holding it above my head before shifting my grip and letting to drop from my thigh height.

"And Beck's twenty three. Look at you, Danny. Going after and older guy," Taylor joked like an idiot, picking up his water bottle from the ground near Ed and I.