Beck - Epilogue Two

She didn't know how positively stunning she looked under the moonlight; how the soft white glow reflected off her ash brown hair, natural streaks of blonde framing her sharp jaw and high cheekbones. It felt like a privilege just to look at her sometimes. She was like the last drop of water and the male population was fighting to get close, none of us deserving her refreshing taste and the cool caress of her touch. Somehow I had toppled the mountain and she had by some grace of Allah deemed me worthy enough.

I wasn't religious; in fact the sheer reason Allah was what came to mind was because of my step mother. But when I looked at Danielle Sampson, I knew there had to be some type of god because my wife was a divine creation. And here I was like a plebeian, watching her in awe as she held our sleeping two year old on her chest, the moon illuminating her features as she laid on a lounge chair in the warm June night air.

She's been to tired these past two months. Our son, Navas, was only seven months old when we found out we were expecting again. Danny had played the end of the season before she had to stop until his birth in December. She didn't return to the goal in games until February. Next thing we know, it's July and we're having not just one baby, but a set of fraternal twin girls. I thought it was amazing she won a Stanley Cup five months after having a kid. Then she only surprised me again, doing it after just two.

There was nothing that my wife couldn't do. Despite all of the things she's been through, my wife stood strong. Maybe to her it was only on the outside, but I had the privilege of being able to help her in some of her darkest moments and if I had learned anything, it was that Danielle Sampson was the strongest person I know. I was so incredibly and heart swellingly proud to call her my wife; I don't think she would ever understand my true emotions. It was simply impossible to accurately express.

And from those trembling break downs five years ago, when I practically had to pry the razor and the alcohol from her cold hands, Danielle Sampson had risen into a mind blowing creature of pure strength and power. I had seen Danielle at one of the roughest points of her life and I walked her through it all. I stood by her side faithfully and not because I felt bad, but because she was inspiring. I couldn't look at the most stunning and powerful woman in the world and not have her. I'd known from the second I saw her knock Sebastian on his ass that she would be the woman to have my children. It was like every person she touched fed off her intensity and anyone that opposed her was crushed into the ground like dust. It was intoxicatingly beautiful and inspiring. Her tattoos were her battle scars; they were her burns.

My eyes were glued to her delicate yet indestructible figure as my feet padded against the slate patio around the large illuminated pool, my hands scooping up Navas gently. His head rested against my bare chest, his silky midnight hair and soft skin brushing my own. I held him in one of my arms, covering Danny's maroon bikini clad body with a dry white towel from the chair beside hers. I'd get her after. It was only nine but she was already passed out. I don't blame her. Usually I tried to get the babies, Aidha and Reyah, at night to give Danny a break but I didn't always beat her out of bed. I figured giving birth then playing a professional sport while breast feeding twins was hard enough. According to Danny it wasn't, though her sleep schedule begged to differ.

After I laid Navas down to sleep in his bed and retuned outside, I gently picked up Danielle's body in my arms. All the sudden my ears were filled with my wife's sexy laugh before I felt her leg swing around and knock mine out from under me. Before I knew what was happening I heard a splash and felt the heated pool water engulf my body, Danielle's frame still wrapped in my strong arms loosely. My feet hit the concrete of the deep end, springing my body up as Danny's body shot herself up.

I ran my hand through my soaking hair as I emerged from the water, gently pushing Danny's body against the edge of the pool with my hands caging her on the rough slate edge while her elbows rested beside my hands. "You're a son of a bitch," I laughed back, brushing her wet hair behind her ear.