Chapter 38

We all know those people who can find a party with the snap of their fingers. Most of the time it's through mutual friends but sometimes it's just luck of the draw. Taylor Nowak was definitely the former. After only seven months of knowing Taylor, I had become certain you could drop him in the middle of nowhere and he would still find a party in under an hour. What was today's entertainment? One of Taylor's friends from college was having a house party. Whatever I had in mind for a twenty six year old's party, this was not it. This was like a fucking frat party and let me tell you, it seems Taylor and his friends are another breed because their drinking capacity has not dulled with age.

They tried to get me to play beer pong with them, but I was working on limiting my alcohol consumption. I wasn't going sober, I was still having a beer, but it was one beer a month at most. I hadn't had a sip of alcohol since my breakdown in our apartment over a month and a half ago. Finn and Sylvia's watchful eyes had noticed, but they weren't judge mental or probing. Instead, they simply ignored it and didn't push me.

Of course Beck noticed but he didn't say anything either. Instead, he glanced down at his almost full wine glass then poured the more than expensive drink down the drain without saying a word. I told him he shouldn't stop having the occasional drink because of me, but Beck brushed it off. If that didn't tell me he was the one, than I don't know what did.

And when I picked up a beer, Beck didn't say a word yet again, the squeeze of his hand on my shoulder was enough of a reassurance. I didn't have to, but he was there for me if I wanted to. This time I had wanted to and for the right reasons. I wasn't trying to forget or kill myself, I was doing it because I was with my boyfriend, at a party after we just won a big game. It was my choice and I considered it to be the right choice.

The 21 Savage song played in the background as I sat sideways on Beck's lap on a dark grey couch. My right arm was around his neck as I leaned against his chest while his left was wrapped around my hip, holding me close. There was a broad smile on my lips as I watched Taylor's coordination totally get thrown out the window with every red solo cup he downed. Taylor Nowak was a weird drunk and that was for sure. While he was as uncoordinated as any other drunk, somehow his brain was still fully functional like he had never had a sip of alcohol. It was quite a sight.

"And I thought Axel and Seb were sloppy drunks when they were together; Taylor accomplishes that all on his own," I told Beck with a smirk.

I didn't even know what round of beer pong this was but I did know it was one am and it didn't like anyone was stoping even remotely soon. "You know it's bad when you top Axel," Beck agreed, referring to his childhood best friends rambunctious nature. This was exactly his crowd; the party never stops crowd. People were still dancing and playing drinking games, and some college kids getting stoned like tomorrow wasn't a thursday morning. "Bud, you know we have a flight at ten in the morning, right?" Beck called out to Taylor, who was only a few feet away.

"Your sorry ass has to sit next to me on the plane," he slurred with a laugh while flipping Beck off. My boyfriend snorted, rolling his eyes. The embarrassing videos on our phones from tonight alone were enough to scare Taylor into submission and silence for years. I doubt Beck would have any problems tomorrow morning. Or this morning, I guess.

"Don't you find it even the littlest bit ironic that every time we go out we have to get up early the next morning? You would think we would learn," I mused, recalling the party when we first met and our time in Minnesota. That morning after was miserable, especially considering the boiling sexual tension between Beck and I.

"Have fun now, regret it later." He was right. If we were being completely honest, Beck and Iprobably never would have started dating if we didn't live like that. There wouldn't have been nearly as much sexual tension and we probably would have just ended up as friends like every other guy I meant. But there was such a charisma behind Beck that I could never stay away from. He was never just any old hook up; there was a chemistry that I don't think could ever be matched. Beckett's personality was unlike any one else's too in the way that he treated me with so much protection and risk at the same time, always being able to dissect every last move I made and the meaning behind it. Beckett Sampson was absolutely mind blowing in every way possible.