one

johnny

i woke up, alone. which was odd because i swear i had brought someone home last night. oh well, it was the last time they'd see me anyway. my house was constantly empty, after all my parents were never home. they were always traveling for work. the only time i'd ever really talk to them is when they called to tell me they put money in my bank account. i hated being alone, but i just came to accept it. it made me independent i guess.

i turned on my speaker, blasting music throughout my house. the sound echoed through the empty corridors. this, i must say, was one of the bonuses of always being in an empty house. i got out of bed, carelessly dancing around to the music surrounding me. no one really knew the real me, and when i was at home it was the only time i could truly be care free. i danced my way down the stairs and into the kitchen. i opened the fridge to see fully stocked shelves. i smiled at the sight, i love food.

not to be emo or anything but, i'm pretty sure food is the only thing i'll ever love. why fall in love with a person who'd just end up breaking your heart anyway? like even if they didn't mean it...it'd happen. what if they die first? boom! then you're alone. my thoughts were interrupted as coldplay's yellow played through my house. maybe i could love food and music.

i grabbed the bottle of orange juice out of the refrigerator, as well as a huge glass from the cabinet. as i poured the juice into the glass, i noticed a tray of muffins sitting on the counter. either my mom had them shipped here or someone's in my house. it didn't really matter to me as long as they weren't poisoned. i mean i wouldn't know until i tried one so...i took a huge bite out of one of the muffins. i could feel the steam coming out of it. this could definitely be poisoned, but i didn't die yet.

i finished up my breakfast, to then go upstairs and get ready for my school day. i went to a private school and it started pretty late to be honest. i didn't have to be at school until nine, and i got out at one. luckily i didn't have uniforms, so i slipped into some ripped jeans. i added a faded white tee and a jean jacket to finish everything off. lastly i rummaged through my closet to find my off white balenciaga sneakers. i looked at myself in the mirror with a smirk.

"todays fashion evaluation. yeah, i look good."

i chuckled at my own joke.i'm so lonely...haha. i finished getting ready in the bathroom, and was on my way to school.

"bye house, i'm going to hell."

i almost tripped down the front steps of my house, but finally made my way to the door of my customized jeep wrangler. it had been my birthday present a couple months ago, it replaced the old car i had gotten a few years back. i really liked this one, maybe i'd keep it for good. i stepped into the jeep, sticking the keys in the ignition and letting the engine roar. as soon as the car started, i turned up the radio and sped down the street.

"hmm, i wonder if i ever turned the speakers in the house off? eh, let the neighbors hear some good music for once."

***

i arrived at the school, and i almost turned back around. only my parents would actually fly home for once to beat my ass, then leave. school is so incredibly important to my parents, they're both geniuses. and then there's me, sure i'm smart but no where near as much as them.

"johnny, my main man. what's up?"

i looked over my shoulder to see mark, a sophomore. he was like a little brother to me, plus he was popular in his grade because i was nice to him. i don't mind charity work. i'm kidding, i actually like mark.

"hey mark. how's your sophomore life going for you?"

"probably not as good as your senior life. i bet you had a girl at your house last night."

i gave him a slight shove, while laughing.

"who said it was a girl though?"

"...and with that i have to go. bye johnny."

i laughed a bit more, watching mark jog away to his friends. they all patted him of the back for talking to me. it was cute, he was so immature, i wasn't that cool. i kept walking, almost to the entrance of the school. i spotted a group of girls in front of me, they were sitting on the steps of the building. i saw a couple of them whisper and point at me. i smirked, i didn't mind the attention. but i made sure to get the point across that no one would ever get anything out of me, except maybe a make out session. no strings attached, that's how i rolled.

one of the girls got up, i recognized her as sorn. she was among the more popular girls at the school, she was really sweet. i could never mess around with someone like her, i wouldn't forgive myself for the damage i'd cause. she was so nice and adorable, why would i ever want to throw her away after a night? she didn't deserve that.

"hi johnny."

her smile was big and bright. i smiled back.

"hi sorn. how's your day going so far?"

i continued walking, but a bit slower so sorn could keep up.

"pretty good. you look nice today."

"as do you."

i looked down at the short girl to see her face turn bright red. then i snuck a glance at her friend group, they were all giggling. they were all nice girls, i was acquaintances with some of them. i didn't really have that many close friends after all.

"ah, sorry. i'm so awkward."

"it's cute, haha. i need to get to my locker. talk to you later."

i gave her a small wave, flashing my smile. she looked in awe, almost shocked. her friends were back to whispering as i passed by them.

"good morning girls."

a few of them responded, but the majority just giggled once more.

i walked through the doors of the school, seeing students crowding the halls. class didn't start for a solid twenty minutes, so people were just hanging out. i walked through various halls to get to my locker, i noticed a figure standing next to it. she looked familiar, i think.

"can i help you?"

"i was literally over last night. you already forgot?"

"i must've. maybe you weren't as memorable as i had thought. nice meeting you though."

"so we aren't going to see each other again?"

"um, i don't really do relationships. sorry."