two

johnny

i sat in the cafeteria, continuously hear the number ten. i don't really remember having math homework. whispers travelled across the room, all saying the same thing. ten. i was very confused. i didn't really pay any attention to the commotion, the students here were really on something i swear.

i looked down at my phone, scrolling through the comments on my latest instagram post. when will people get the thought through their head that i'm not going to date anyone. yes, of course i find the comments sweet sometimes. but relationship and me don't mix. it just won't work. i'm a loner, and don't know how to love. i'll stick to appreciating the efforts.

"it's the new kid!"

now this caught my attention. i looked to the doors of the cafeteria. a boy walked in, he was...wow. he was definitely a visual. his dark brown hair covered his forehead slightly. he stood on the shorter side, but still fit. oh but then i saw that smile, that smile would break people. i just knew it. it was too perfect, there had to be a good story behind it. his oversized shirt contradicted his tight skinny jeans. he almost didn't look real.

we locked eyes for a second before he started walking towards me. neither of us broke the contact, people gasped and whispered. but i didn't notice anyone but this new mysterious person.

"i'm ten."

he sat down without warning, and stuck his hand out in the process. i returned the handshake. my hand fit around his smaller one.

"and i'm johnny."

"you're hot."

i almost choke on the air i was breathing when i heard the comment.

"and you're my new friend."

"i'd like that."

ten leaned over the table, next to my ear.

"as long as you don't mind the whole 'with benefits' thing."

i laughed instantly.

"we'll see."

the lunch room roared with commotion, and i guess i met someone new. not going to lie, it was a very straight forward introduction. but just from what i saw, me and ten would be good friends. we were pretty similar, maybe.

"want to get out of here?"

"um, we just met."

"i meant out of this cafeteria, people are staring."

"they're going to stare as long as you're with me, sweetheart."

ten raised an eyebrow, he was intrigued. he seemed to like the attention, he looked around the room flashing his smile. i had never really had a 'best friend,' as i was a bit of a lone wolf. i could try it out though. if i didn't like it, i could always drop ten like i did to all those one night kind of things. who knows, maybe he'd be a real friend. someone i could rely on doesn't sound bad.

people already liked ten, they were captivated by him. he was an entertainer, he liked when others were drawn to him. he was extremely good looking, which captured everyones attention. he was care free, which people wanted in their lives. he seemed like the person who just wanted to have fun with life, and i don't blame him. deep down, i did hope that he'd have a permanent spot in my life from now on. but i can't predict the future.

"want to show me around a bit?"

i gave the boy a nod, i didn't want to seem too fascinated by him. even though my attention was only on him, he didn't need to know. not yet at least. i stood up from my seat, and ten followed me. he looked up, shocked.

"you're really fucking tall. holy shit."

"maybe you're just short."

"shut up."

***

i threw myself onto my bed. my day was actually good for once, maybe they'd start being better with ten. he was different, he was the person i always wanted in my life. and now i had him. i had never been so happy, it was weird. i liked it though.

*ding*

i was so enthralled i didn't hear my phone go off. i just continued to sit in my bed, making up random scenarios in my head.

*ding*

what if ten and i got along and we become forever friends. like what if he became my best man at my wedding, and i'd be his. the thought of having a forever friend was crazy to me, i was so used to being alone.

*ding*

"okay goddamnit! i hear you now!"

i picked up my phone to see several texts from ten. they started nice, and got weirder with every message.

to : johnny
hey hottie

to : johnny
answer me asshole

to : johnny
what the hell are you doing?

to : johnny
omfg am i interrupting
something?

to : johnny
daddy

to : ten
wtf ten

to : johnny
i knew that'd get
your attention. you
tall guys and your
daddy kinks.

to : ten
weirdoooo

to : johnny
call me ;)

i listened and called ten. and boy was that winking face deceiving.

ten answered the phone, and i could almost see his smile. he seemed so happy when i called, as soon as he picked up he screeched. literally screeched.

"are you okay?"

"i didn't think you'd actually call."

"why wouldn't i?"

"maybe you think i'm weird."

"i like you, ten. you're pretty cool."

ten

i immediately blushed. i knew johnny's words meant nothing. but i truly appreciated johnny, even if we just met. he actually accepted me for the weird, flirty guy i am.

"what were you doing before you called?"

"honestly?"

"yes, be honest."

"i was thinking about you. about us really, i never really had a best friend before. i'm usually alone."

i melted inside after i heard johnny's words. he was like the human you didn't think existed. i didn't want to come off as too weird, and decided not to ask what he was thinking about. he'd tell me one day.

"what do you mean you're alone?"

"my parents are never around. as soon as i was old enough they left me on my own. the only time i hear from them is when they put money in my bank account, or something like that. i'm just used to be alone, i guess."

"well now you have me."

"and you have me."