seven

johnny

i searched for a spare key around the front door, but could find anything. i tried the front door, doubting but would open. but to my surprise it swung right open. if this wasn't a red flag, i'm not sure what was.

"hello?"

no response. whatever, i didn't come here to socialize. the house just had this bad feeling as soon as you walked in. i felt weighed down, and it was overall just a sad place. beer bottles scattered the floor, shot glasses covered the coffee table. i could've helped ten so much sooner if i had known him.

i had no clue where ten's room was, so the only thing i could do was open random doors. i started making my way toward a hallway, but i stopped in my tracks when i heard snores in the distance.

i followed the sound, trying not to make too much noise while walking around. i was led to a lone door, there was nothing around it whatsoever. i started pounding on the door, now i didn't care how much noise i made.

"who's in there?"

no response once more.

"fine."

i burst through the door. it was a bedroom, and it was a mess. a man and women were sprawled out on the floor. someone was sleeping in a chair. and finally there was a guy in the bed. he sat up, rubbing his head a bit. he opened his eyes, looking straight at me.

"i don't think i ordered anything, why are you in my house?"

i didn't answer him, instead i slowly walked over to him.

"i'll call the cops, what are you doing..?"

"if you call the cops, the only one getting arrested is you."

and with that i slammed my fist into his face.

***

"ten, angel, i got your things."

i opened my bedroom door to see ten soundly sleeping. he was on his side, facing the doorway. tears stained his face, and he was still shaking a bit. i couldn't help but stare at him for a bit. he looked scared, as if he was having a bad dream. i wanted so badly to take all his pain away, if only he could give all his hurt to me.

i set the suitcases filled with ten's belongings to the side, making my way to my own closet. i grabbed an baby blue sweatshirt which was oversized, even on me. then i grabbed a pair of black sweatpants. with the clothes in my hands, i walked over to ten. i sat on the edge of the bed, placing one hand of ten's shoulder.

"angel, let's get you out of those jeans and into some sweatpants."

i got a groan in response, and ten rolled onto his back. he opened his eyes slightly, and looked at me.

"you do it, i'm too tired."

his voice was so sweet, and i could help but swoon over him. he closed his eyes once more, taking his shirt off in the process. i reached for the sweatshirt, and brought it over his head. he helped me get his arms in the sleeves, never opening his eyes.

"can you help me out with your jeans? it'll only take a minute."

"don't act like you've never taken someone's pants off. i'm sure you're an expert."

"open your eyes and help me."

"no."

"fine."

i smirked, slowly unbuttoning ten's jeans. i slid the zipper down, making ten squirm around a bit. i chuckled, placing my hands around his waist.

"j-johnny-"

"you didn't want to help me."

i could almost feel ten's heart beating as i slid his jeans off revealing his american eagle boxers.

"nice boxers, i have the same ones."

"shut up and hurry up."

i listened this time, taking his jeans off completely. i lifted ten's waist up, pulling the sweatshirt down. i smiled, seeing the sweatshirt stop right above his knee. i went to reach for the sweatpants but ten interrupted me.

"i don't need them, come lay down with me."

this time i definitely listened. i crawled over ten, lying down right next to him. he closed the space between us, and burrowed into my chest. his legs intertwined with mine, as our fingers did as well.

"i wish we could stay like this forever."

"who says we can't?"

what was this feeling? my heart couldn't slow down, my stomach wouldn't calm down, and my mind kept spinning. maybe i could love more than just food and music...

ten

i was trapped in a nightmare. i couldn't stop picturing my dad, he was in trouble and it was all because i was never coming home. he wouldn't survive without a caretaker. he kept screaming at me, telling me i was worthless. ironic since he needed me so badly. i couldn't wake up but i knew i was shaking. i heard johnny's voice trying to wake me up. i felt his hands on my face.

"ten, baby i'm here. wake up, you're okay. i'm not letting you go."

and i knew he wasn't lying. i knew he would keep holding me until i was okay. i knew he cared. if only he knew how much i cared about him, if only he knew his every movement made me fall for him. i knew it'd be hard for him to love, he had been alone all this time. but that wouldn't stop me, it wouldn't stop us.

"angel, are you okay?"

i opened my eyes, finding myself lost in johnny's features. i didn't want to move, i wanted to stare into his eyes forever. i wanted him to hold me forever. i didn't need to flirt with random people, or make out with strangers at parties, i just wanted johnny.

"kiss me again."

"angel, how about i just hold you. you had a rough day. i'll kiss you endlessly when you're feeling okay."

"please."

"angel-"

"johnny, please."

and i always got what i wanted.