five

johnny

i was walking back to my locker, thinking about my 'moment' with ten. i couldn't help but think the library would be our place. we could meet up there when class got boring, and when we just wanted to see each other. maybe i'd give out a free make out session. i'm joking, i'm joking...kind of. i was so caught up in my imagination, that i bumped into the one and only ten.

"oh, hey angel. sorry about that."

some heads turned our way because i called ten "angel" but i really didn't care. it's not like we were dating or would be dating anytime soon. i looked around, making eye contact with each person who looked at me or ten. i gave out a few winks, and an occasional smirk.

"what is everyone looking at? i bumped into my friend, get over it. unless you want me to kiss him right here?"

this made people scurry away, and ten gave me a shove. i threw my arm around his shoulders and smiled down at him. he was literally like a painting, there's no way he was real. i noticed ten glancing up at me and starting to giggle.

"you're too much, johnny. i don't know if i can handle you much longer. you're a quadruple threat, hot, funny, tall, and you have the best personality. you're killing me."

"well then i'm not sure if i can handle you either, angel. you're a whole model, and you're the cutest person i've ever met. and that smile, oh you're breaking hearts with that smile."

my words earned me another shove, but i quickly pulled ten right back to me.

"but don't think i'm going to let you go so easily."

i winked at him, which made his face turn a bit pink. i booped his nose, and he scrunched it up. he made me feel like i was in a movie. plus i haven't brought anyone home since i met him, that means something. right?

"want to leave school?"

"ten, we only have one class left."

"you could bring me home."

"i guess we're skipping last period."

ten

i don't know what possessed me to ask johnny to bring me home. i just prayed my dad wasn't there and my house magically cleaned itself. i felt my heart start racing, and not just because johnny was next to me. i was so nervous, i couldn't bring johnny to my house. he'd pity me, feel even worse for me.

i felt johnny's hand wrap around mine and he led me to a relatively empty hallway. he looked around a bit, and opened a door which brought us outside. he must've snuck out a lot, i wouldn't have even noticed the door.

i watched as johnny pulled out his phone, opening an icon labeled "jeep". he pressed a green button, and i heard the engine of his car roar in the distance.

"is your car really connected to your phone? do you even have keys?"

"cars come with keys still?"

"stop it you idiot."

he laughed, and tightened his grip around my hand. i rolled my eyes.

"run!"

"huh-aghhh"

when i say i was dragged in the air, i mean it. i don't run, it is a known fact. so when johnny's long ass legs competed against mine, it was over. i just gave up and somehow i was still out of breath.

we finally reached his car, and johnny slowed to a stop. he wasn't even out of breath, what sorcery was this? he gave me a pat on the back, and opened the passenger door for me. i nodded in response and climbed into the jeep.

i started tapping my foot, i was nervous as hell. what was i supposed to do when johnny pulled into my driveway? sure it looked nice on the outside, but then he'd ask to come in. i can't do that, i could never let him in.

"so what's your address?"

"uh-"

"you don't know your address?"

"no i do, its um...let's go to your house."

"you sure about that angel?"

"yeah, let's go."

now my heart was definitely beating faster than ever. johnny wouldn't do anything i didn't want. who knows, we'd probably end up watching a movie and eating snacks. then i could avoid the whole 'my dads an alcoholic and doesn't remember i exist sometimes' talk. it's a win win situation.

***

we pulled into the driveway of johnny's house and i was in awe. his house was about thirty five times bigger than mine. it was a whole castle.

"is someone home?"

"no, i just forgot to turn my music off this morning. it's a bad habit haha."

i quickly remembered his parents were never around and he was constantly alone. i couldn't imagine being surrounded by emptiness in such a huge house, i'd feel so bad all the time.

"you're allowed to come inside, you know."

"oh yeah, sorry."

i hopped out of the car and walked behind johnny to the front door. he pressed various numbers on a keypad beside the front door, and the door opened by itself. what a life.

"go ahead."

i entered the house, and was instantly shocked. the ceilings were higher than the kids at school, and everything was so opened.

"it's so nice."

"thank you, we can either hang out in my room or the theater if you wanted to watch a movie. unless you want to go to the game room, then we can go there."

"since it's my first time over, let's just hang out in your room. i don't want to intrude or anything."

"whatever you'd like, angel."

i waited for johnny to the lead the way, and i followed him through many hallways and up a stair case. everything was so gorgeous in the house, definitely including the person who lived here. i was so stunned by everything we passed. every color, piece of furniture, painting, it all matched this theme. it was almost like a movie set.

"here it is."

johnny pointed to his bedroom door and i opened it, letting myself in. i immediately fell onto his big bed.

"i feel like i just walked three miles to get to your room."

"i could make you feel like you ran a marathon if you'd like."

"johnny, i just got here and you're already trying things."

"you've been here long enough to walk three miles so..."

"get over here, idiot."

he fell back onto the bed right next to me. i turned to my side and rested my head on his chest. his arms wrapped around me, and i forgot anyone else existed. it was just me and him. there wasn't a problem in the world, it was just me helplessly falling for johnny seo.

"want to kiss now?"

"are you going to make me feel like i ran a marathon?"

"is that what you want?"

"more than anything."